4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2014 2:04 PM by Bill Robinson Branched to a new discussion.

Installing a server on a remote Data Center

Tal Abramson

Hi

On my env the target VMS are on multiple data center on multiple locations

The 2 Application servers are locate don one main DC , and i have setup a Proxy and file repeaters for the remote DCs

The DB is on the same DC as the server

After having too many connection issues (connection timeouts) i wish to install a dedicated job server on each DC

What is the minimum requirements connection wise to do so ?

do i only need a DB connection ?

• 1. Re: Installing a server on a remote Data Center
          Bill Robinson

this is not supported or recommended.  the connection time outs you are having between the appserver and target will then become timeouts between the appserver and db which is far worse.  you need to fix the network.

• 2. Re: Installing a server on a remote Data Center
            John O'Toole

Do you have any details on the specific timeouts you are hitting the most?

JOB Timeouts?

Appserver -> Agent Timeouts? (secure file can be edited to increase)

NSH Proxy timeouts etc?

John

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Installing a server on a remote Data Center
              Tal Abramson

The timeouts are mostly for NSH script jobs (a very simple one lie script to restart the server)

the biggest failure was when the Reporting tool agent log collection was running as well

We tried in the pass to figure if it was the proxy that caused it with no luck (bill do you remember?)

I looked in the app server logs and i have spotted one strange message when the job was running:

[04 Feb 2014 03:50:11,149] [Nsh-Proxy-Thread-8] [WARN] [Anonymous:Anonymous:10.170.12.69] [BLSSOPROXY] Connection closed by /10.170.12.69:58794 before pre-authentication handshake could be completed.

[04 Feb 2014 03:50:11,149] [Nsh-Proxy-Thread-8] [INFO] [Anonymous:Anonymous:10.170.12.69] [BLSSOPROXY] failure establishing session with proxy service

As for my new suggested solution , i was told we have a special connection for DB , i will try to get more details

• 4. Re: Installing a server on a remote Data Center
                Bill Robinson

i don't care about a special connection for the db - there are known issues w/ appserver -> wan -> db because the application is not designed to handle that type of communication.  you need to figure out the problems w/ the appserver -> target.