1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 7, 2014 3:08 PM by Bill Robinson

Searching for software installed on a specific model server

Mark Casey

Hello everyone,

I have all the parts I need to make this work, I just don't know the best way to do it. 

Problem - I need to find all the IBM model servers with IBM Director installed or NOT installed.  And also Dell Servers with OpenManage installed or not installed.

I've tried creating a report to extract this data, but I found the load times once I added the Software fields took way too long.

Next, I attempted to create a Component Template using a rule, and was able to pull in the Application List part, but when I tried to add a rule that the list contain IBM Director, it failed because not EVERY entry in the list contained that, however two of them did, but it still failed.

So now I'm at a lose, I know what the query needs to look like, I just don't know if I need a Component Template, an Audit Job or a Compliance Job.

I need to find servers where:

IBM Director:

HardwareInformation.MachineSummary.Manufacturer = IBM AND Applications= IBM Director Agent EXT OR IBM Systems Director Platform Agent

Dell Server Administrator:

HardwareInformation.MachineSummary.Manufacturer = Dell Inc. or Unisys Corp. AND Applications = Server Administrator OR Dell Open Manager System Administrator

That is all I need, but I can't figure out how to pull it all together into something I can use to spit out either a report or something useful to hand to an admin and say "Here are all the Dell's requiring Server Administrator and all the IBM's requiring IBM Director.

Any help on this would be hugely appreciated.