6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2013 4:30 PM by John O'Toole

Data not showing in BDSSA

Share This:

We have run a Snapshot job successfully against 6 Servers, ran the ETL job and can see the data in BDSSA. But after running the snapshot job successfully against 2500+ servers and then running the ETL job after we are not seeing any data in BDSSA.

Also is there away of clearing old data from BDDSA, old Snapshot jobs etc?

• 1. Re: Data not showing in BDSSA
          John O'Toole

Hi David,

Can you double check the Snapshot job to make sure it was Successful? If the job hit a JOB_TIMEOUT or something like that you might still see a lot fo Green checkmarks but the job results may not be brought over by ETL if it was not deemed to be successful.

Then, on ETL, can you double check Metadata Navigator to make sure there were no failures on any of the ETL steps.

Can you also make sure you are logging in as the GlobalReportAdmins role? A common source of issues around not being able to see reports data is using a role in Reports which cannot see the data. If you are using another role, it might be worth retesting with the GlobalReportAdmins. If you can see it with GlobalReportAdmins, the data is in the warehouse and its just a permissions issue. If you cannot see it with GlobalReportAdmins, its likely not in the warehouse either due to issues with the Snapshot job or ETL job.

We do have a BDSSA Archical Tool for doing date-based cleanup in the warehouse. It uses partitioning and archiving. Let me know if you would like more details on that. Is your DB Oracle or SQL Server?

Thanks,

John

• 2. Re: Data not showing in BDSSA

Thanks John, managed to sort the Report issue out. I'm definitely interested in the Archical tool. Our system is running SQL

Thanks

Dave

• 3. Re: Data not showing in BDSSA
              John O'Toole

Thanks David. What fixed your Reports issue by the way?

Also, what version of BDSSA are you running? I'll send you the correct PDF for the Archiving tool based on your version.

John

• 4. Re: Data not showing in BDSSA

Not quite sure what fixed it, we gave all our servers a reboot. Ran everything again and it worked. We are running BDSSA 8.3

• 5. Re: Data not showing in BDSSA
                  John O'Toole

Hi David,

Here is a link to  the PDF for the Archical Tool.

ftp://ftp.bmc.com/pub/BDSSAArchiving/BDSSA_82_ArchivalUtilityGuide.pdf

Ignore the fact that the doc says 8.2 - the tool has been updated to support 8.3 but the PDF has not been updated yet. I am just confirming the best version of the utility to send to you as we had a few performance fixes added recently. I'll send you the correct version of the utility once I confirm.

Thanks,

John

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Data not showing in BDSSA
                    John O'Toole

Hi David,

The latest version of the tool (8.3.02) has also been uploaded to the same location.

md5sum ArchivingUtility_8302.zip

90f95d75cc841a8761d7a1d9e3ebfdbf  ArchivingUtility_8302.zip

If you have any quesitons, please submit a support ticket and we'd be happy to assist.

Thanks,

John