2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2017 5:35 AM by Sherwin Russel

Incident Management Service CI tiered?

Share This:

Hello,

The company I am currently working at has a requirement to use the Service*+ field as a 3-tier menu, much like the Product/Operational Categorization.

One of my colleagues who attended to a BMC Workshop states that BMC said it was possible to do it, but since I arrived after this workshop and this colleague doesn`t have any knowledge about Remedy ITSM, I am still without any clue on how to do it.

The question is: Can this be done Out of The Box? The customization for that shouldn`t be too much of a problem, but the idea is to use all the out-of-the-box features before the customizing anything.

Thanks,

Raphael Fernandes

• 1. Re: Incident Management Service CI tiered?
          Smita Ithape

Hello,

I want to know what type values you are expecting to make this field as 3 tier as we have categorization in place which can hold of the Tier values of Service CI whenever we select that CI .

Juts trying to know the business requirement here if it has some additional expectation.

Thank you,

Smita

• 2. Re: Incident Management Service CI tiered?
            Sherwin Russel

Hi,

I have a similar requirement, can anyone advise if this is possible?

The Service CI in Incident Management, should have upto 3 tiers similar to the Assigned Group menu.

Can this be achieved using the Business Service class?

ex: Managed Service -> Managed LAN/Managed WAN/Managed Wifi (I need to group all Managed Services together, and the user should be able to select either Managed LAN or Managed WAN or Managed Wifi)

Regards

Sherwin