2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2013 8:14 AM by Bill Robinson

Starting NSH on Windows 7 Desktop

Greetings Everyone,

When I tried to start the NSH on my Windows 7 desktop, I got the below error, any ideas or suggestions:

Error buffer: Error: Could not load authentication profile "srp" from file "/cy

gdrive/C/Program Files/BMC Software/BladeLogic/8.1/NSH/br/authenticationProfiles

.xml". Check the secure file, and the "BL_AUTH_PROFILES_FILE" and "BL_AUTH_PROFI

LE_NAME" environment variables.

Thanks in advance

Omar

• 1. Re: Starting NSH on Windows 7 Desktop
          Francois FURSTOSS

Hello,

Have you install cygwin on your Windows 7 desktop ?

Because there is an un-compatibility between the two products (NSH is based on cygwin dlls)

• 2. Re: Starting NSH on Windows 7 Desktop
            Bill Robinson

I don't think this has anything to do w/ conflicting cygwin installs.  if that was the case you'd see an error message referencing the cygwin1.dll, not a message indicating that you are missing some environment variables that bsa expects..

Error buffer: Error: Could not load authentication profile "srp" from file "/cy

gdrive/C/Program Files/BMC Software/BladeLogic/8.1/NSH/br/authenticationProfiles

.xml".

-> is the an authprofile defined in this file w/ the NAME of 'srp' ? 

Check the secure file, and the "BL_AUTH_PROFILES_FILE" and "BL_AUTH_PROFI

LE_NAME" environment variables.

-> instead of providing the auth profile name in the secure file you can use environment variables instead, but either way, whatever you provide must be in the authenticationProfiles.xml file.