3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2013 7:56 AM by Saroj Sahu

Is it possible to add Review Approval after Implementation Approval?

Share This:

For few change tickets we need to add review approver(which was skipped due to some configurationally changes).

Some of the Changes are already in Scheduled status. Is there a way?

I tried Canceling the Change and then change to Draft and request for authorization. It works but all associated Tasks get closed on canceling. If I just try add approver by Add button it goes to Close down approver.

Appreciate any assistance!

Regards

Akhil

• 1. Re: Is it possible to add Review Approval after Implementation Approval?

I also experience this question.

I cancel the change request, at DB level I update all task status in "TMS_Task" > status field to 2000

Then change all task status one more time on the front end.

Hope may help!

• 2. Re: Is it possible to add Review Approval after Implementation Approval?

Hello Akhil,

Thanks for the post.

User understanding is correct.

There is one another option to move the change backward with ‘BACK’ Button from the process flow bar.

You can move the change request back to review phase and then add your approval.

However we also limitation with this feature that all the task needs to be closed or cancelled when user move the change request back.

The closing of the task is required as there are several associations records present for change request and related task request which are dependent on the change request status.

Hope this would be useful.

• 3. Re: Is it possible to add Review Approval after Implementation Approval?
              Saroj Sahu

Agree with Shiv. There is no OOTB way to add an approver for a past phase, unless that past phase is re-invoked again by either cancelling and restarting the CR or by moving it back to the review phase (Initiate stage). However back operation cannot be performed if there are open tasks and in such cancel the CR and restart is the only way. I will also tend to agree that if the review phase approver is needed again, the tasks also need to be reopened (recreated rather).

Having said that, in past also I have seen such requirements where user wants to move back a CR with open tasks (without closing the tasks). So I suggest to create an idea (if not already there), which can be voted by people and the ideas I think are reviewed by BMC time to time.