9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2013 4:48 PM by lakshmireddy Basireddy

Running promotion script (NSH) for moving BLpackages outside BL console

lakshmireddy Basireddy

Hi,

I joined recently and this is my 1st question. I have question reg. the promotion of Blpackages.

We are using Bladelogic for application deployments. Mainly war and zip files. The current process is

1. Create BLpackage & Jobs using NSH scripts ( running the script from Jenkinks ) in DEV ( folder: Depot/Appname/DEV) env.

2. Set property from DEV to SYSTEST in Bladelogic console

3.Run promotion script (NSH) to move the package from DEV to SYSTEST in bladelogic console.

4. Select the SYSTEST job and execute against the target in Bladelogic console. 

What we want to do. ( The idea is to do automatic deployment to higher env SYSTEST and higher.. Without actually logging into Bladelogic)

1. Create BLpackage & Jobs using NSH scripts ( running the script from Jenkinks ) in DEV ( folder: Depot/Appname/DEV) env.

2. Pass the property value from DEV to SYSTEST as parameter to the BLpackage which created in step1 outside bladelogic Console.

3.Run promotion script (NSH) to move the package from DEV to SYSTEST outside bladelogic Console.

4. Select the SYSTEST job and execute against the target outside bladelogic Console.

The challenges that i can think of is

1. Getting the Blpackage name & DB keys which created in Step1.

2. Pass the paramater value to NSH script and run the promotion script outside Bladelogic console ( thinking of using Jenkins.).

Appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks,

Lakshmireddy.