12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2014 12:08 PM by Bill Robinson

Deploy Job Error message - Superseded patch list is not matching with original list

Hello All -

When I run a BladeLogic analysis with the 'Non-Security patches' group selected - normally all groups are selected

My job fails to create a remediation package, and I see this message in the logs

Unable to create deploy job for server(s):

Error: Error occured while processing supersedence information : superseded patch list is not matching with the original list.

In the BladeLogic Analysis job report - ran with 'Non-Security patches' setting only [which is the only setting to fail a deployment task]

I see  objects with Status = Missing & Reason = "File Version is less than expected [i.e. Windows\SYSTEM32\CRYPT32.DLL 6.0.6002.18643 < 6.0.6002.23097]

So it looks like BladeLogic looking for a differenct version of some of the DLL files.

I have tried the following to resolve this issue:

Update Catalog

Remove irrelevant patches

The BladeLogic User Guide states that the 'Non-Security patches' group  looks for / at the following info:

Non-security patches - Analyze performance-related fixes, fixes for known bugs, and hardware drivers.

Can someone tell me what to look for and where to look to remove or update the file(s) to prevent this issue?