It contains all the details of the packages and the exact binaries of your
bl packages created in the bl console of depot
You can use below steps in-case of change file server location.
Thanks & Regards,
You would need to run the database cleanup followed by a fileserver cleanup to delete the old un-used data which is already marked for deletion from GUI.
- First make sure that you delete all unwanted Packages ( located under Depot folder within GUI) from console, this will be soft delete.
- Then run the Clean-up the jobs ( bmc has provided by default this clean-up job), which delete all unwanted data and files from the file server. Please refer the below link for more details: https://docs.bmc.com/docs/display/public/bsa82/Cleaning+up+BMC+Server+Automation+data
- If this does not help, then probably you need increase the disk size or repoint into different file server which has more disk space. When you change the file server, make sure to copy the existing data and follow the procedure to change file server:
Assuming you have "objects marked for deletion"/ soft deleted .
You can use this tool
a shortcut to cleanup fileserver without getting into the DB cleanup
This is not best solution, you have to run complete cleanup job ( includes database and file server). If you just follow file server clan-up alone, it will not delete references in database.
I agree, this is not the best solution, thats why I said 'Assuming you have "objects marked for deletion"/ soft deleted'
This will only archive/move objects from fileserver which are already marked as "DELETED" in the DB.
The best is to make sure you have in place
- A proper deletion policy on all objects
- A regular scheduled Object Cleanup followed by BMC recommended DB cleanup process