Does the approval work if you change the approval process configuration to use "Change Level CI-IA - Review" instead of "Change Level IA - Review" which does not exist?
IMHO the configuration needs to be updated to use the new processes.
Are the new changes stuck in approval phase or only old changes after DDM are stuck?
Moved this discussion to The specified item was not found. application community group to get help from experts
Thanks a lot for the response:
Andreas – I haven’t tried using “Change Level CI-IA - Review”, how do I configure the approval mapping to use “Change Level CI-IA - Review” please?
Sidhdesh – No, all the changes are getting stuck.
Ashok – Sure, will try the steps and let you know.
That was it, after changing the phase name to the existing one, approval is working. Thank you all for your help.
Note - I actually wasn't able to change it as is, so I deleted the existing records and recreated them with the correct phase name.
Saw this lately and though the thread is already answered, thought of sharing the below:
1. As mentioned the CM ap:processes of LEVEL type are consolidated into 4 from 16.
2. All the new CRs will start using these consolidated processes (CI-IA stuff), because during upgrade, the approval phase records are updated automatically to the corresponding CI-IA processes (e.g. IA-review to CI-CA Review)
3. For the in-flight non-closed CRs that are already in approval phase pending approval, the old processes are still used. And that's why the old processes remain in the system. Once the open in-flight CRs get closed or no open CR uses the old processes, periodically the system checks and deprecates the old processes.
4. I think, in this case, as the data is migrated after install of 8.1, the upgrade scripts did not run and hence may be the approval phase records still referred to the old processes, but because your install is a fresh 8.1 install the old ap:process did not really exist (as shown in the first screenshot) and hence the issue.
5. And once the approval phase records are updated to use the CI-IA process it worked.
6. Possibly in my view, in case of upgrades, if in-flight CRs are there in place, it may be useful to import/migrate the old ap:processes as well to the new system and let the system deprecate those when appropriate.
7. I am not very sure if DDM data migration runs the scripts for the approval phase records. It does so for the CRs though.
Hope this info helps in future.
This isn't working for me, any other ideas?
There was a customization done in our environment which was the root cause for this issue. it is resolved now.
We had similar problem - we had a record in Approval Mapping form, but no approvers were displayed in CRQ.
Solution was to set a value in 'Approve if Risk' field in the mapping record and all approvers showed up in CRQ.
It seems that for some reason this field (or this mapping record) has EMPTY value (not NULL) and after modification the EMPTY value is no longer causing the problem.
After that approvers showed up, but no approval records were generated. Then we restarted the Approval Server and issue was solved.