6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2013 9:38 AM by Flavio Bonacordi

Enable SSO for TMART GUI

Flavio Bonacordi

Hi Community,

I'm looking for enable my users to simply visit the TMART GUI webpage and be logged automatically instead of provide and user/password. I've heard from BMC that TMART can be integrated with SSO (Single Sign On) solutions but BMC doesn't have any documentation about it (refer to ISS04193379).

I'm looking for assistance in order to configure TMART to user SSO for his Web Interface.

Does anyone already enable this? I was wondering if Dan Egner can assist me on that... :-)

Thanks in advance...

• 1. Re: Enable SSO for TMART GUI
          Dan Egner

There are some calls like WebSetUserAuth and WebSetUserAuthNtlm that can be put into TM ART scripts. So you are looking for a way to avoid using those calls?

• 2. Re: Enable SSO for TMART GUI
            Flavio Bonacordi

Hey Dan... I may not be totally clear about it... I would like visit the link http://host:19120/login and I don't want to provide users/password. I would like to have a way (using Single Sign On) to read my current credential and logged me into the system automaticaly.

• 3. Re: Enable SSO for TMART GUI

Please refer to how the Single Sign-On (SSO) is implemented in the environment.

=============================

It is important to understand the purpose of load testing and if SSO implementation should be omitted from the test. Should SSO not be needed, ask the IS department how to temporary disable SSO for testing purposes.

Should testing proceed with SSO understanding of how Single Sign On is implemented within the target application will be needed. Client side activities are not recorded by TM ART Monitor Workbench and will have to be emulated in the script.

Example: If enterprise Single Sign-On (eSSO) solutions are used, the application programming interface (API) or libraries can be used by Monitor Workbench BDL script to replicate the authentication process.

BACKGROUND
              ----------------------------------

Enterprise Single Sign-On (eSSO) implementation:-

Have client and server components that performs login to target applications by replaying user credentials. Target applications do not need modification to work with the eSSO system. Integration is usually done via scripting or application wizards:

1) Scripting integration uses an interpreter to call up the target application, and performs authentication using credentials stored in an encrypted eSSO wallet.

2) Application wizards run a service that continuously monitors the workstation for login dialogue boxes. The wizard will initially query the user to identify and populate the necessary sign-on fields for future access. When the service recognizes an application (e.g. via the executable, window names and/or control IDs), it will attempt to log the user in to the application.

Web access management (WAM) implementation:-

No clients involved since access to resources is via the Web browser. This is used to provide SSO across various web applications. In most cases, the user authenticates once when accessing a resource protected by the WAM system. The WAM then issues the browser a cryptographically protected cookie, which maintains authentication state across Web applications protected by the WAM system.

• 4. Re: Enable SSO for TMART GUI
                Flavio Bonacordi

I don't want create a script that will handle SSO... i want login into TMART... open the web interface... open the TMART GUI using SSO.

• 5. Re: Enable SSO for TMART GUI
                  Dan Egner

I see what you mean. It is like when you logon to Outlook it does not ask for a password, it uses your Windows or SSO credentials. Sorry, but TM ART does not have that.

• 6. Re: Enable SSO for TMART GUI
                    Flavio Bonacordi

Exactly... Thanks for clarify that Dan. I really appreciate.