5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2013 3:36 AM by Divya NameToUpdate

TMART automatic maintenance tool locking up the system?

My tmart software will lock up for days and I can't click off of the Monitoring screen.  The browser keeps spinning and when it finally is usable again, I notice a message on the server saying that cleanup(or maintenance) has finished.  Also, there are some large write times in the log, sometimes up to 1000 ms.  Is there a best practices doc for TMART that I've overlooked?  Maybe I have to many projects running?  To many execution servers running?

• 2. Re: TMART automatic maintenance tool locking up the system?
          Oscar Omar Posada Sanchez

Hi, in my experience, I have four ejecution server in servers outside the Central Tmart ejecution 4.2 each server has 55 projects for a total of 220 monitoring all web projects with URLchecker monitoring type in my atmosphere had slow writing and the web query response from Tmart web console, the root problem was in the database SQLserver 2008 R2 (virtual server) with 4GB of RAM 1 virtual processor and 2 logical partitions, one for OS and one for DB. the serivce was solved by increasing the performance of the database server to 16GB of RAM 2 virtual processor 3 partitions, the partition for OS pprimera (100GB) for DB the second partition (250GB) and the third partition for base LOGS data (100GB) with these measures the performance of BMC Tmart improved significantly.

-------esp-----

Hola, en mi experiencia, tengo 4 ejecution server en servidores externos a el TMART central 4.2 cada ejecution server tiene 55 proyectos dando un total de 220 proyectos web en monitoreo todos con el tipo de monitoreo URLchecker, en mi ambiente se tenia lentitud en la escritura y en la respuesta de consultas web desde la TMART console web, el problema raiz estaba en la base de datos SQLserver 2008 R2 (virtual Server)  con 4GB de RAM 1 procesador virtual y 2 particiones logicas, una para OS y otra para DB. el problma se soluciono aumentando el performance de el servidor de base de datos a 16GB de RAM 2 procesador virtual 3 particiones, la pprimera particion para OS (100GB) la segunda particion para DB (250GB) y la tercera particion para LOGS de la base de datos (100GB) con esas medidas el performance de BMC TMART mejoro notablemente.

• 3. Re: TMART automatic maintenance tool locking up the system?

I was also instructed by support to have the SV_TIMESERIESDATA index rebuilt, which they also recommended having rebuilt during weekly maintenance.  This did seem to make the lockup times shorter but didn't seem to stop it from occurring yet.

• 4. Re: TMART automatic maintenance tool locking up the system?

1. Automatic Time Out Feature - Does TMART has automatic time out feature and can able to set it as 30 mins?

Below is the BMC Transaction Management

Application Response Time

Administration Guide

http://documents.bmc.com/supportu/documents/79/29/107929/107929.pdf

There are various references to different "time out" features. Please review the guide to see the "time out" that is relevant to you.

For example:

Login Options

Describes enhanced login configurations:

. Remember Login: Changing the default setting for the Remember login option on the BMC TM ART login

page.

. Cookie Duration: Configuration of validity duration for the cookie that contains the login information

Remember Login

Normally when users work with multiple browser windows, each browser session checks out a unique license.

Enabling Remember login allows individual users to work with multiple browser sessions on a single computer while

checking out only a single license.

Each user may enable or disable the Remember login option as required; the administrator can however set the

default setting.

Cookie Duration

Each time a user accesses BMC TM ART, a cookie containing encoded login information is created. These cookies

are destroyed when users log out, or when sessions time out. When the Remember login option is enabled however,

cookies are not destroyed when sessions time-out. Instead, they remain active for a set duration of time. This enables

users to continue working with BMC TM ART without re-entering login information after each session time-out. By

default, cookies remain active for 30 days. The duration setting can be adjusted by the administrator.

2. Password Management

a. It shall be different from existing and previous 2 passwords for password to be changed (i.e. password history = 3)

>>> Tmart does not support this feature by itself but if you are using LDAP then the LDAP server can be configured for password history options.

b. Initial or reset password shall be changed by user upon first use

>>> TMART does not support this option.

c. The period a user shall wait after changing a password before he can change again is 3 days (i.e. minimum password age = 3).

>>> TMART does not support this option. However, LDAP can be used to configure this option.

d. The account logout threshold is 6 for normal user account (i.e. retries is limited to a maximum of 6 attempted logons after which user account shall be revoked) and 3 for privileged system account, such as Administrator or Root

>>> Normal tmart accounts do not have limited retries on username password combinations however LDAP accounts have the same lockout parameters as configured on the ldap server.

The TMART standard authentication mode (not using LDAP) is not designed to provide enhanced security, if you have concerns about security then please consider using ldap authentication configured in standard mode (page 45 of the admin guide).

• 5. Re: TMART automatic maintenance tool locking up the system?

1. Automatic Time Out Feature - Does TMART has automatic time out feature and can able to set it as 30 mins?

Below is the BMC Transaction Management

Application Response Time

Administration Guide

http://documents.bmc.com/supportu/documents/79/29/107929/107929.pdf

There are various references to different "time out" features. Please review the guide to see the "time out" that is relevant to you.

For example:

Login Options

Describes enhanced login configurations:

. Remember Login: Changing the default setting for the Remember login option on the BMC TM ART login

page.

. Cookie Duration: Configuration of validity duration for the cookie that contains the login information

Remember Login

Normally when users work with multiple browser windows, each browser session checks out a unique license.

Enabling Remember login allows individual users to work with multiple browser sessions on a single computer while

checking out only a single license.

Each user may enable or disable the Remember login option as required; the administrator can however set the

default setting.

Cookie Duration

Each time a user accesses BMC TM ART, a cookie containing encoded login information is created. These cookies

are destroyed when users log out, or when sessions time out. When the Remember login option is enabled however,

cookies are not destroyed when sessions time-out. Instead, they remain active for a set duration of time. This enables

users to continue working with BMC TM ART without re-entering login information after each session time-out. By

default, cookies remain active for 30 days. The duration setting can be adjusted by the administrator.

2. Password Management

a. It shall be different from existing and previous 2 passwords for password to be changed (i.e. password history = 3)

>>> Tmart does not support this feature by itself but if you are using LDAP then the LDAP server can be configured for password history options.

b. Initial or reset password shall be changed by user upon first use

>>> TMART does not support this option.

c. The period a user shall wait after changing a password before he can change again is 3 days (i.e. minimum password age = 3).

>>> TMART does not support this option. However, LDAP can be used to configure this option.

d. The account logout threshold is 6 for normal user account (i.e. retries is limited to a maximum of 6 attempted logons after which user account shall be revoked) and 3 for privileged system account, such as Administrator or Root

>>> Normal tmart accounts do not have limited retries on username password combinations however LDAP accounts have the same lockout parameters as configured on the ldap server.

The TMART standard authentication mode (not using LDAP) is not designed to provide enhanced security, if you have concerns about security then please consider using ldap authentication configured in standard mode (page 45 of the admin guide).