2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2013 8:42 AM by Christopher Dale

BLCLI  Creating a PROVSERVER Class instanace trouble with adding a server property that points to a class instance

Christopher Dale

Hello all,

I am trying to use blcli commands to create a new instance of the PROVSERVER class in bbsa 8.3 but i am having an issue... the Socks_Proxy Server property needs to point to a Instance named Jared_Lab but when i make the call

PropertyInstance createInstance  Class://SystemObject/Server/PROVSERVER osname_platform_100 "testing to see if i can create an instance thru BAO" "REPEATER_STAGING_DIR=/opt/bmc/tmp,STAGING_DIR=/opt/bmc/tmp,Socks_Proxy=Jared_Lab,ATT_PROVIDED_QBOS_PLATFORM_ID=100"

I receive the following error....

Command execution failed. com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.typesystem.BlValueParseException: com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.util.BlException: Instance Jared_Lab specified in incorrect syntax

the server property is setup as type Property class pointing to the Socks_Proxy custom Class and I can select the class instance Jared_Lab from the list. so what i need is how do i format the name to get it to work.....

if i remove the property for this class the PropertyInstance is created correctly.

Chris Dale