9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2015 9:48 AM by Jagan R

Task is in Staged Status even after the task sequence has reached

Ashwanth Padmanabhan
      Share:|

Hi,

With respect to the same issue..

https://communities.bmc.com/message/102995#102995

I am on 7.0.03 patch 007 in which i have a change request to that change request a task group is associated and within that task group '2' more task groups are there and which in turn has around 5-6 tasks in each one of it.

now when my change request moves to implementation in progress the parent task group becomes WIP and child task groups are also in the same sequence so they are also moving in to WIP and when the tasks within the child task groups are executed in sequence intermittently when the sequence is reaching by closing the current task in not activating the next task in the flow.

analysis:

from TMS:Task there is a creation trigger to ------>"TMS:Processor" form through this filter TMS:TAS:TerminatingStatus_FlowExists_CreateTempEntries`!

and from TMS:Task Form after this creation there would be a delete call to the same record which was created in the "TMS:Processor" form through this filter:TMS:SHR:DeleteTempToInformParentToEvaluate

and during the deletion there is a creation call to this form "TMS:Flow" through this filter:

TMS:TRI:SendEvaluateToFlow

then there is a trigger from 'TMS:Flow' to the 'TMS:Task' Form...

1: Push Fields -> "TMS:Task"

<FLTR> <TID: 0000007564> <RPC ID: 0004323261> <Queue: Fast      > <Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: hp-apadmanabhan                              >               <deferred from filter TMS:FLW:PushScopeIDatEvaluateTime>

<FLTR> <TID: 0000007564> <RPC ID: 0004323261> <Queue: Fast      > <Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: hp-apadmanabhan                              >               State (10003019) = 1

<FLTR> <TID: 0000007564> <RPC ID: 0004323261> <Queue: Fast      > <Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: hp-apadmanabhan                              >               zTmpInternalCommand (10001735) = CREATE

<FLTR> <TID: 0000007564> <RPC ID: 0004323261> <Queue: Fast      > <Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: hp-apadmanabhan                              >               zTmpInternal (10001051) = 0

<FLTR> <TID: 0000007564> <RPC ID: 0004323261> <Queue: Fast      > <Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: hp-apadmanabhan                              >               Scope ID (10000050) =

setting the 'State' to "Active" this is how the next task would be activated ...so what i am not able to get is whether the trigger itself is failing to reach 'TMS:Task' or the trigger is reaching yet but the code(filter:TMS:TAS:ActiveToPendingAssigned") to activate the task is failing through??...i doubt trigger itself failing to reach 'TMS:Task' due to some issues intermittently.

do we have a fix for this ?? thats helps me understand where it is failing? coz i am unable to catch the logs when it is happening as this is intermittent i have reproduced with the same data too but still no luck to catch the logs.

• 1. Re: Task is in Staged Status even after the task sequence has reached
          Ashwanth Padmanabhan

ok so when i put in a record manually in the 'TMS:Processor' and delete it manually all works fine..its activating the next task so i think it drills down issue in any of these '2' filters:

TMS:TAS:TerminatingStatus_FindIfFlowExists

(( 'TR.Status' = "Closed") AND ( 'TR.Status' != 'DB.Status')) OR (( 'TR.State' != 'DB.State') AND ( 'TR.State' = "Active") AND ( 'DB.Status' = "Closed") AND ( 'StatusReasonSelection' = "Canceled"))

TMS:TAS:TerminatingStatus_FlowExists_CreateTempEntries`!

( 'zTmpCancelledByParent' =  $NULL$ ) AND ( 'zTmpSuccessorLink' !=  $NULL$ ) AND ((( 'TR.Status' = "Closed") AND ( 'TR.Status' != 'DB.Status')) OR (( 'TR.State' != 'DB.State') AND ( 'TR.State' = "Active") AND ( 'DB.Status' = "Closed") AND ( 'StatusReasonSelection' = "Canceled")))

• 2. Re: Task is in Staged Status even after the task sequence has reached
            Ashwanth Padmanabhan

Workaround:

Enable the ‘State’ Field on the TMS:Task Form in order to allow the user itself to activate the tasks which got stuck in the Staged Status.

Conditions to Enable the State Field:

This State field has to be enabled for the tasks which ideally needs to be the current sequence tasks, this field should not be enabled for all the tasks as this will allow the users to override the task sequence enforcement.

The way we identify the immediate parent task(or one up above the task sequence)is through the below logic:

1. 1. Instance ID of the Task which is being opened up in the form view that needs to be collected.
            2. 2. This needs to be looked up in to ‘TMS:Association’ Form Child ID and bring back the Instance ID of that record.
            3. 3. Instance ID of ‘TMS:Association’ Form should be matched with ‘TMS:Flow’ against ‘Runtime Successor Link’ and come back with ‘Predecessor Link’.
            4. 4. With the ‘Predecessor Link’ go and query the ‘TMS:FlowAssocJoin’ against the ‘AssociationInstanceID’ and get back the Child ID.
            5. 5. With the Child ID which we have in hand go and query the ‘TMS:Task’ Form that should yield us the Immediate Parent of the Current Task.
            6. 6. If that parent is set to closed and the current task is in Staged status enable the ‘State’ Field.
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Task is in Staged Status even after the task sequence has reached
              Sidhdesh Punaskar

I think there are few defects related to this issue depending on use cases.

To try above workaround should be the last option.

• 4. Re: Task is in Staged Status even after the task sequence has reached
                Ashwanth Padmanabhan

Do you hav any idea of a closed defect with a fix fr my use case?? I could move wit tat.

• 5. Re: Task is in Staged Status even after the task sequence has reached
                  Sidhdesh Punaskar

I checked few defects for 7.03 but many of them are closed as not reproducible to latest environments.

Also in one of the defect I found above workaround suggested.

So may be we don't have any other option than to go with workaround.

Sidhdesh

• 6. Re: Task is in Staged Status even after the task sequence has reached
                    Ashwanth Padmanabhan

but the thing is at times say you have 2 task groups in a change ticket..and each of those task groups in turn has task groups as its content...we observed that even after completing the first child task group and that closed the parent task group but have not initiated the second parent task group...in this case task group itself is in staged status...so the above workaround again might needs to be performed at the task group level too checking the feasibility this all making this workaround more time consuming to deploy.

most of the time these reported defects are closed as not repro inhouse...but bmc need to repro the case at the customer environment to understand at which point this use case is failing to nail the cause of it or work closely to understand the pattern and repro that pattern inhouse...this kind of defects having just the steps to repro is not enough for bmc to nail it is what my view...

anyways my present version as it is unsupported i have been asked to go for patch 10 but release notes of patch 10 doesnt giv any clue of fixing this issue...so i might need to invest time on this workaround covering task and task group scenarios as well..

• 7. Re: Task is in Staged Status even after the task sequence has reached
                      Saroj Sahu

I think the below KB may be of help to you. Seems like same cases of task activation.

KA371927

Just a word of caution for any customization here: I think some task activation related issues got fixed in newer releases and some might have been hotfixed (refer to the KB above or search for more KBs and let know if found any). There are dependent code segments in this area and hence I think some good amount of care and precaution will be needed around any code change to ensure some fix does not break things elsewhere.

• 8. Re: Task is in Staged Status even after the task sequence has reached
                        Ashwanth Padmanabhan

nope both are of different use cases the kb and the one which i am facing not sure how would the hotfix in the kb would help me much on my case.

• 9. Re: Task is in Staged Status even after the task sequence has reached
                          Jagan R

Hi Ashwanth,

I have the similar issue, I have deleted one task, now I am not able to modify the child tasks.

Could you please let me know "Enable the ‘State’ Field on the TMS:Task Form" means making the field to "Active", Isn't it?

I made it active for one immediate child task via AR-Import update, still I am getting error that child to task to be activated by flow.

Please advice.