This problem has now been resolved and the Redhat. Suse and Solaris installers for BDSSA 8.3.2 have been updated on EPD.
The md5sums of the modified installers, as also seen in the modified md5 checksum file, are:
Hello, I ran into this problem today installing on RHEL 56, BDSSA 83 SP2 (wasnt aware there was a bug w latest release), got that exact error, can you post manual fix /config instructions. Thanks.
Mike, please follow below workaround steps, same time can you send Install.log file @ $BLREPORTS_HOME/logs
1) Go to $BLREPORTS_HOME/webserver/bin
2) open ' apachectl' and replace path '/data1/bmc/reports' in below code with actual path ($BLREPORTS_HOME)
# the path to your httpd binary, including options if necessary
HTTPD='/data1/bmc/reports/webserver/bin/httpd -f /data1/bmc/reports/webserver/conf/httpd.conf' (Note: Add this line, if not exist)
# pick up any necessary environment variables
if test -f /data1/bmc/reports/webserver/bin/envvars; then
3) Open ‘envvars, apr-1-config, apu-1-config, envvars-std, and apxs’ and replace path '/data1/bmc/reports' with actual path.
4) Open $BLREPORTS_HOME/Environment file and change environment variable to reflect correct path (i.e replace path '/data1/bmc/reports' with correct one)
5) repeat step for /etc/profile.d/blreports.sh --- Not applicable for solaris
6) re-start BDSSA services >> $BLREPORTS_HOME/./blreports restart
thank you, I ended up uninstalling the pre-hotfix version and re-installing the latest. No issues after the re-install.