1 of 1 people found this helpful
This is indeed available starting with Track-It! 11. The following knowledgebase article provides information on configuring this:
How to configure notifications to open a work order directly in Technician Web
Article ID: TIA06327
Found In: Track-It! 11.0, 11.1 Technician Web
Print Article | Email Article | Feedback
- How do I configure notifications to allow technicians to click a link that opens a work order directly in Technician Web?
- New with Track-It! 11.x is the ability to configure notifications to the technicians in a way that allows them to click a link that opens a work order directly in Technician Web.
- Open Technician Client and click Tools -> Administration Console.
- Under Configuration -> Help Desk -> Work Order Notification Templates, click on Technician.
- Click the "Work Order assigned to a Technician" link.
- Anywhere in the E-mail Body area, enter the following text (replace %WebServerName% with the actual name of your Track-It! web server):
- Click Save to save the template.
- If you would like to add the link to other technician notification templates, repeat the same steps for those as well.
When the notifications are sent to the technicians in regards to their work orders, a link will exist that will open the work order directly in Technician Web after logging in.
If you would like the technicians to simply click the link and have them automatically logged into Track-It! without entering any login information for Technician Web, please see option 2 in this article:
Thanks Chris! Any chance the link will work on the Technician Cleint as well?
2 of 2 people found this helpful
No, it will not. Since the Technician Client application is not web based, the URL link will only open Track-It! Technician Web.