2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2013 3:11 PM by Moses Arockiadass

Read only file system error while redirecting the output (BBSA)

BBSA Version: 8.2.01.328

Command

blcli_execute BlAclPolicy printAclPolicy PolicyName > /dev/null

Error:

Unable to create file /dev/null: Read only file system

Command

blcli_execute BlAclPolicy printAclPolicy PolicyName > //SERVER/c/temp/test.txt

Error:

Unable to create file //SERVER/c/temp/temp.txt: Read only file system

When I execute the command using BLAdmins Role i am getting any error, but when I execute from other RBAC role I get this error.

Do I need to add any authorizations? Please let me know

• 1. Re: Read only file system error while redirecting the output (BBSA)
          Bill Robinson

You should not be trying to capture blcli performance command output w/ redirects.  You should be using blcli_storeenv. 

If you want to suppress the output from the blcli_execute commands you can add this option before any other blcli_ calls in your scripts:

blcli_setjvmoption -Dcom.bladelogic.cli.execute.quietmode.enabled=true

the read only file system problem here is likely because the role is mapped to a user that does not have write access to the target file system and you are trying to redirect (write) to somewhere on the file system.  so I would look at the user mapping for the role(s) here on the target(s) if you really need to do the redirect.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Read only file system error while redirecting the output (BBSA)

Thanks Bill, I was not aware of the command "blcli_setjvmoption -Dcom.bladelogic.cli.execute.quietmode.enabled=true" I don't want the output that the reason I was re-directing .

I found the issue, the RBAC role which we created was having READ only option after I changed it to READ/WRITE and pushed ACLs. It was working fine.

Thanks.