9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2013 2:34 AM by Gregory Rodrigues

Deployment fails on a windows server 2008

Share This:

Hi,

I'm trying to do a deployment on a windows server 2008 but I get the following error:

BasicDeploymentObserver: deployment starting !

#PsExecTask: file = C:\Program Files (x86)\BMC Software\BBCA\Tuner\.marimba\BBCA\ch.17\data\persist\deploymentsmanager\remotedeploy\mrbapsexec.exe

#PsExecTask: New File = C:\Program Files (x86)\BMC Software\BBCA\Tuner\.marimba\BBCA\ch.17\data\persist\deploymentsmanager\remotedeploy\mrbExec.exe

#mrbapsexec Task: command = "C:\Program Files (x86)\BMC Software\BBCA\Tuner\.marimba\BBCA\ch.17\data\persist\deploymentsmanager\remotedeploy\mrbapsexec.exe" \\rom-pro-qfw-09 -u TELECOM1%5cbmcpatrolamv -p ******  -installDir "c%3a%5ctemp" -c -f -i -e -debug "C%3a%5cProgram+Files+%28x86%29%5cBMC+Software%5cBBCA%5cTuner%5c.marimba%5cBBCA%5cch.17%5cdata%5cpersist%5cinstallermanager%5cinstallers%5cwinnt%5cPRUEBA.exe"

#mrbexec Task: command = "C:\Program Files (x86)\BMC Software\BBCA\Tuner\.marimba\BBCA\ch.17\data\persist\deploymentsmanager\remotedeploy\mrbExec.exe"  \\rom-pro-qfw-09 -u:TELECOM1\bmcpatrolamv -p:******  -c  "C:\Program Files (x86)\BMC Software\BBCA\Tuner\.marimba\BBCA\ch.17\data\persist\installermanager\installers\winnt\PRUEBA.exe"

#PsExecTask: CMS is running on Windows Server 2008...

#PsExecTask: Going to execute mrbexec.exe

#[25/Jul/2013:08:20:58 -0600]

#PsExecTask: Exit Code = 129

#PsExecTask: StdOut    = mrbExec - executes commands remotely

#

#Connecting to the remote service...

#Service copied successfully to the remote service

#LogonUser PassedImpersonation passedexecuting the exe now

#Remote pipe is connected

#

#Remote command failed to start. Returned error code is 129(0x1)

#Failed

#Cleaning the exes now

#

#PsExecTask: mrbexec.exe execution is failed!!

#PsExecTask: Error Message = Failed to start the exe

#The operation completed successfully.

#

#

#

#PsExecTask: StdError Message = Failed to start the exe

#The operation completed successfully.

#

#

#

#PsExecTask:

#Trying with mrbapsexec.exe.....

#PsExecTask: Exit Code = 120

#PsExecTask: StdOut    = lpwArgv[0] = C:\Program Files (x86)\BMC Software\BBCA\Tuner\.marimba\BBCA\ch.17\data\persist\deploymentsmanager\remotedeploy\mrbapsexec.exe

#lpwArgv[1] = \\rom-pro-qfw-09

#lpwArgv[2] = -u

#lpwArgv[3] = TELECOM1%5cbmcpatrolamv

#lpwArgv[6] = -installDir

#lpwArgv[7] = c%3a%5ctemp

#lpwArgv[8] = -c

#lpwArgv[9] = -f

#lpwArgv[10] = -i

#lpwArgv[11] = -e

#lpwArgv[12] = -debug

#lpwArgv[13] = C%3a%5cProgram+Files+%28x86%29%5cBMC+Software%5cBBCA%5cTuner%5c.marimba%5cBBCA%5cch.17%5cdata%5cpersist%5cinstallermanager%5cinstallers%5cwinnt%5cPRUEBA.exe

#

#RemoteExec() - RemoteComputer = rom-pro-qfw-09

#Connecting to rom-pro-qfw-09...

#                                                                             

#

#Starting PsExec service on rom-pro-qfw-09...

#                                                                             

#

#Could not start PsExec service on rom-pro-qfw-09:

#

#Windows Error Code: 5

#The application returned with 120 return code.

#

#PsExecTask: mrbapsexec.exe execution is failed!!

#PsExecTask: Error Message = Access is denied.

#

#PsExecTask: StdError Message = Access is denied.

#

#BasicDeploymentObserver: deployment done !

The user is a domain admin user, the admin share is enable and the credentials are correct.

Thanks in advance. Regards

• 1. Re: Deployment fails on a windows server 2008

Hi Aurora,

Please let us know Marimba version you are running and the CMS and targets machines  OS / Arch.

Have you tried disabling the firewall / Anti-Virus Software on the target machine? Is the user a part of the local admin user on the target machine? Have you tried running the psexec command externally? you can download from PsExec. however please note that it is not the same version of psexec used in the product. Sample syntax:

C:\>psexec.exe \\ <machinename> -u <admin username> -p <admin password> -c -f -i  <location of tuner installer.exe>

If all else fails please try setting the CMS tuner to a application from a service and retry the deployment:

Steps to change Tuner from a service to application

1. Stop the tuner

2. Open CMD change directory to tuners install dir (where tuner.exe and runchannel.exe are)

3. type tuner –service uninstall

4. type tuner -display

5. Retry the deployment

This will remove the tuner from the SCM service control manager. And tuner will run not as a system service, but as an application. You wont be able to start or stop from services.msc and the tuner will stop when you log off from the machine

Note: Please ensure that you set the back to a server after the test is complete by stopping the tuner and running the command `tuner -service install`

Regards,

Greg

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Deployment fails on a windows server 2008

Hi, Greg

Thanks so much for your answer.

The remote machine is a windows server 2008 R2 Enterprise 64 bits and the CMS's version is 8.2.01

I have executed the psexec command and I got : The system cannot find the file specified.

I have noticed that there is a psexec service already running on the machine, Is that a problem to perform the deployment on the remote machine from BBCA?

Thanks & Regards

• 3. Re: Deployment fails on a windows server 2008

If standalone psexec does not work then it most likely wont work within the product... but the error is different "The system cannot find the file specified" .. previously you were getting a "Access is denied" error.. please paste the command that you are using and ensure that the tuner installer path is mentioned correctly..

• 4. Re: Deployment fails on a windows server 2008

I executed the following command:

PsExec.exe \\rom-pro-qfw-09 -u TELECOM1\bmcpatrolamv -p Telecom$2007 -c -f -i "C:\Program Files (x86)\BMC Software\BBCA\Tuner\.marimba\BBCA\ch.17\data\persist\installermanager\installers\winnt\ACTUALIZACION_PATROL.exe"

I executed Psexec.exe \\rom-pro-qfw-09 ipconfig and the output was succesfull..

The tuner installer path is mentioned correctly:

dir.png

Regards!

• 5. Re: Deployment fails on a windows server 2008

I would stopping the psexec service on the remote machine first before trying the deployment...Just to see if we are able to start it again from CLI..  If that does not work I think that it might be the length of the file name. Try changing the file name to something with less characters like AZ_Patrol.exe and try again...

• 6. Re: Deployment fails on a windows server 2008

Also did you try disabling the A/V and the Firewall on the remote server? And if the domain user part of the local admin on the machine??

• 7. Re: Deployment fails on a windows server 2008

Hi, Greg

The psexec service was stopped but the deployment failed again with the same error.

I also changed the file name to the installer and tried again the deployment and this didn´t work...

The user belongs to domain admin group and this group belongs to local Administrators group.

The customer doesn´t allow to disable the A/V or the firewall.. which are the exceptions that have to be enable?

I executed Psexec.exe \\rom-pro-qfw-09 ipconfig and the output was succesfull..

Thanks and Regards

• 8. Re: Deployment fails on a windows server 2008
                        Gordon McKeown

Often this type of issue on Win2k8 is caused by user account control (UAC). The fact that you're able to run the ipconfig command remotely might suggest it's not that, but I thought I'd throw this suggestion in for good measure.

First, confirm whether UAC is enabled or disabled on the target machine. If it's disabled, the following suggestions probably won't help.

Try adding the -h parameter to your psexec command-line (I believe this is only available in the later versions of psexec).

If possible, use a local admin account on the target machine instead of a domain account with local admin access.

• 9. Re: Deployment fails on a windows server 2008

Hi Aurora,

If the suggestions made by Gordon and I did't work you might have to open a case with support after enabling the debug flags. I created a doc regarding troubleshooting Remote Deployment issues https://communities.bmc.com/docs/DOC-25515 would also recommend that you follow the steps listed there before going to support.

Regards,

Greg

1 of 1 people found this helpful