5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2013 3:49 AM by Divya NameToUpdate

Delete Transactions on TMART

Flavio Bonacordi

Hi Community,

I use to have some monitors running and gathering information. But I disable and delete them from the from my project but I still see them the monitor list as NO RESULT ARE AVAILABLE.

Since these monitors doesn't exist anymore in the project... is there any way to delete them from the Client Health/Monitoring screem?

TMART-test.png

• 1. Re: Delete Transactions on TMART
          Dan Egner

I have seen this kind of thing before. It usually is resolved by executing some SQL code to delete some data from the database (the TM ART repository).  That is the kind of thing you want to be careful about. It might be best to open a support case and have support look at it in detail.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Delete Transactions on TMART
            Flavio Bonacordi

Thanks Dan,

I was wondering if we could have a friendly way to peform that!!!

• 3. Re: Delete Transactions on TMART
              Alberto Carretero

Hello,

I have the same problem. I hope that someone can help us !

• 4. Re: Delete Transactions on TMART
                Flavio Bonacordi

Hi Alberto.. try this one here...

It is possible this behavior could occur if a monitor is manually deleted at the same time a background data delete is running for another monitor in the same project or if there are database issues at the time of the deletion.

If a monitor name remains in the Client Health Transactions screen even after being deleted from the Monitors list it is most likely a display issue. To check this users should run the following SQL query (where X is the name of the Monitor which remains). If this query returns 0 rows then there is no monitor data left in the database:

SELECT * FROM SV_TRANSACTIONS
                INNER JOIN SV_MONITORTRANSACTIONS ON TRANSID_PK = TRANSACTIONID_PK_FK
                WHERE TRANSACTIONNAME = 'X'

If the query returns 0 rows it should be possible to use the following query to remove the residual monitor name from the Client Health Transactions screen:

WARNING! - Make a backup of your database!

delete from SV_ExecutionServerLog where TransID_fk = Y
                delete from SV_Transactions where TransID_pk = Y

To calculate the value of Y simply change the value of the first query to include a LEFT JOIN rather than an INNER JOIN e.g:

LEFT JOIN SV_MONITORTRANSACTIONS ON TRANSID_PK = TRANSACTIONID_PK_FK

This should return one row where the TRANSID_PK can be used for the value of Y - e.g

RESULT: TRANSID_PK = 3361 and TransactionName = "X"

Using this result we could then use the following query to remove the residual monitor from the Client Health Transactions screen e.g.

delete from SV_ExecutionServerLog where TransID_fk = 3361
                delete from SV_Transactions where TransID_pk = 3361

R&D confirm this SQL will work for TM ART 3.7, 3.9 and 4.1.

https://kb.bmc.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=KA313373

I was able to fix my "orphan" monitors with this KA.

• 5. Re: Delete Transactions on TMART

Hi,

It is possible this behavior could occur if a monitor is manually deleted at the same time a background data delete is running for another monitor in the same project or if there are database issues at the time of the deletion.

If a monitor name remains in the Client Health Transactions screen even after being deleted from the Monitors list it is most likely a display issue. To check this users should run the following SQL query (where X is the name of the Monitor which remains). If this query returns 0 rows then there is no monitor data left in the database:

INNER JOIN SV_MONITORTRANSACTIONS ON TRANSID_PK = TRANSACTIONID_PK_FK

If the query returns 0 rows it should be possible to use the following query to remove the residual monitor name from the Client Health Transactions screen:

WARNING! - Make a backup of your database!

delete from SV_ExecutionServerLog where TransID_fk = Y
                  delete from SV_Transactions where TransID_pk = Y

To calculate the value of Y simply change the value of the first query to include a LEFT JOIN rather than an INNER JOIN e.g:

LEFT JOIN SV_MONITORTRANSACTIONS ON TRANSID_PK = TRANSACTIONID_PK_FK

This should return one row where the TRANSID_PK can be used for the value of Y - e.g

RESULT: TRANSID_PK = 3361 and TransactionName = "X"

Using this result we could then use the following query to remove the residual monitor from the Client Health Transactions screen e.g.

delete from SV_ExecutionServerLog where TransID_fk = 3361
                  delete from SV_Transactions where TransID_pk = 3361

R&D confirm this SQL will work for TM ART 3.7, 3.9 and 4.1.