You didn't mention the version of BSA you are using. This error could happen due to many things.
1. Please check your connectivity directly on the site
2. Do you have a proxy server to access internet from bsa application server?
3. What is the type of proxy you are using: NTLM or NTLM-V2? Please confirm this with your proxy administrator and make sure the type in Patch global configuration matches that of actual proxy type.
4. what is the catalog object processor batch size set to in your patch global configuration for Redhat Linux?
5. what is the current setting for HTTP/HTTPS/FTP retries set in patch global configuration for Redhat Linux?
Also, as a good practice, only run one catalog update per OS at any given time.
Catalog update worked succesfully till July 12th and we ran many successful updates in this environment,
I am able to authenticate to RHN site directly and via BLAPP server also. Only problem is from bladelogic console
HTTP/SFTP retries set to 10 in patch global configuration
Could you provide answers to all of my questions above? It will give us a better picture of what the problem is.
it's important for us to know the BSA version you are using
BSA 8.3.00.115 is our BSA version
The hot fix was created but BMC working with RHN have corrected\backed out the change to the site. No hot fixed needed.
Issue was resolved after the corrections