5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2013 8:25 AM by Mohammed Ali Khan

Export all DepotObjects

Mohammed Ali Khan

Product:  BMC BladeLogic Server Automation Console v8.0

We are planning a migration for our Bladelogic console setup  --- from 8.0 to 8.0. I went through the BLCLI import/export commands contained in the 'BLCLI Help' manual and have come up with a solution but it requires passing the script the filepath to either the specific item I want to export OR filepath to the parent folder.

Basically, If I want to export an item, say BLPackage, I can specify its full filepath and the name of the BLPackage and have it exported.

If I have a folder called 'Releases' and under releases have folders with each folder containing a BLPackage, I have figured out method to export all the BLPackages under the parent folder (NSH script):

# getting DB KEY for BLPackages under parent group

blcli_execute DepotGroup groupNameToId /development/Releases

blcli_storeenv parent_groupid

blcli_execute DepotObject findAllByGroup ${parent_groupid} true

blcli_execute DepotObject getDBKey

blcli_execute Utility setTargetObject

blcli_execute Utility listPrint

blcli_storeenv db_keys

# exporting each BLPackage under parent group

for obj_db_key in ${db_keys}

obj_db_key=`echo ${obj_db_key} | tr -d '[:cntrl:]'`

blcli_execute DepotObject getNameByDBKey ${obj_db_key}

blcli_storeenv obj_name

blcli_execute ImportExport exportObject 28 ${obj_db_key} ${ENV[export_file_path]}/blpackage/${obj_name}

However, I have the following two questions:

-> Is there a way to simply export *all* items under 'Depot' category (or other category such as Jobs) instead of having to specify filepath?

-> How can I get list of folders under a category such as 'Depot' or 'Jobs' and how can I get their subfolders (browse the directory tree)?