2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2013 10:04 AM by Shaan NameToUpdate

Unable to delete the Windows Catalog

While deleting the windows catalog I'm getting the below error in the Appserver logs.

[22 Jul 2013 03:06:55,058] [Client-Connections-Thread-2] [WARN] [BLAdmin:BLAdmins:] [Client] Failed to send message to client

com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.util.BlException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error.

Please let me know the solution for this?

• 1. Re: Unable to delete the Windows Catalog
          Bill Robinson

probably it's taking a long time to delete the catalog and your client's connection is dropping.  you could try using my script here: Patch Catalog Utility Script

which will let you delete all the objects in the catalog group, then you can delete the actual catalog.  also - run the script from the appserver.

• 2. Re: Unable to delete the Windows Catalog

Thanks a lot Bill........Excellent it worked.

We have executed the script with out dryrun.

nsh catalogUtility.nsh -s false -m deleteCatalogObjects -e WINDOWS_CATALOG_GROUP -c "/Chennai/Test_4deletion2"

May be helpful to other user. We have exceuted the below command Indiviudally to delete the group & windows Smart group.

5017 : Windows Patch catalog Smart Group
            5022: Windows Patch catalog Group

blcli_execute Group deleteGroupByTypeAndQualifiedName 5022 /Chennai/Test_4deletion2
            blcli_execute Group deleteGroupByTypeAndQualifiedName 5017 /Chennai/Test_4deletion2/Bulletins

Thanks & Regards,