3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2013 7:11 AM by Bill Robinson

Unable to decommission a server due to compliance or audit permissions

This is similar to a closed post from a year ago but it is slightly different. I have tried the suggestion on that post on how to identify and fix the problem but those commands showed me that I should be able to decommission the server. Here is what I found:

From App Job Log.

[13 Jun 2013 11:09:22,447] [Client-Connections-Thread-8] [INFO] [xxx@xxx.xxx:BLAdmins:] [Client] User 'xxx@xxx.xxx' assumed the role 'BLAdmins'

[13 Jun 2013 11:09:40,900] [Client-Connections-Thread-6] [INFO] [xxx@xxx.xxx:BLAdmins:] [Client] DBKey:SComponentModelKeyImpl:2001313-1-2435443 marked 0 Psis as deleted

[13 Jun 2013 11:09:40,946] [Client-Connections-Thread-6] [WARN] [xxx@xxx.xxx:BLAdmins:] [Client] Could not decommission server with id 2011901 due to error:Access Denied AuditJob.Delete on Audit1

com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.util.AccessDeniedException: Access Denied AuditJob.Delete on Audit1

That shows I was logged in as the role BLAdmins when I tried to decommission the server.

I found the DBKey from the log above and ran the showPermissions command which showed I need to be BLAdmins which I already was.

# blcli -v CLM-TEST-ENV -r BLAdmins Component showPermissions  DBKey:SComponentModelKeyImpl:2001313-1-2435443

Everyone        Component.Read

BLAdmins        Component.*

I tried to delete the component anyway but again I was denied access. No surprise here.

# blcli -v CLM-TEST-ENV -r BLAdmins Component deleteComponentByDBKey  DBKey:SComponentModelKeyImpl:2001313-1-2435443

Command execution failed.  Access Denied AuditJob.Delete on Audit1

Also, I have tried without luck of finding "Audit1". Where would I look? I have all permissions on the server and I have done a search as all 4 of our defined roles without luck. I'm not really sure how to search for it. (meaning which object type)

Comments would be appreciated.