When you create a form, it creates a SQL view, for example the "HPD:Help Desk" form has a SQL view "HPD_Help_Desk" in database so people can access it for reporting for example since column names are "human friendly" and not Cxxxxxx.
I guess you could try to change something in the form, add a field, then save. Log API+SQL in a same file and catch the SQL query that creates the view and see why it fails.
2 of 2 people found this helpful
I had the same problem a few weeks ago when importing some definitions from dev to test server (AR System 7.5).
The problem was not only with the SQL view itself. It was just a symptom of a bigger problem : one of the new fields had not been created in the Txxx table, which was preventing the creation of the view, but it was yet appearing in the form when opened in Dev Studio.
What I had to do was :
- "cut" the field
- save the form
- paste the field
- save the form
I think the base problem was the fact that I had changed the CLOB storage method for the field from default to in-row, then to default again. But I'm not really sure about that, it reminds me I wanted to do some tests to reproduce the bug.
I am not getting any error while saving the form..... I just did what did you say.... Should I confirm the field creations from DB end ?
Yes Compare the list of fields from the Txxx tables from your source server with your destination server, and check that the SQL view was correctly created.
It created columns in T table but not in view... And I am using these fields for setting data to mail fields which are used in reporting purposes....
Do you think this may cause issues in future ? I think we can manually update view later on...
1 of 1 people found this helpful
You can try to drop the view, make some modifications in the form (add a field) and save it again. It should regenerate the view.
I am afraid to do that as I am moving the changes to prod.... But whatever the fields which I need for manipulation, workflow and reporting are existing in T table and it's view....
I will update the view manually if I face any issues in future....
As I said earlier it created fields in t table but not in view. It is a production server so I am least bothered about view than data.... I cannot played around it because it is a prod environment...
I m not using those fields in any reporting also....
We can modify the db view if required in future....
The cut-save-paste-save worked for me.