1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 3, 2013 10:25 AM by Bill Robinson

Jython Credential Acquiring

I am looking for a solution to acquire BSA credentials from within Jython and haven't found a solution so far.

The background around this question is a webservice on top of some Jython logic which serves forever and runs into Session Credential expired error after not using it for a certain period of time (the amount of time it needs for the credential to expire).

Currently I tried using the subprocess module, which does not work though, because the blcred cred acquire command needs to be executed within the current shell rather than within a subshell in order to get valid session credentials acquired.

Using the subprocess module this is what I get:

subprocess.Popen("blcred cred -acquire -profile " + profile + " -username " + username + " -password " + password

>> Authentication succeeded: acquired session credential

jli = blcli.CLI()

>> com.bladelogic.om.infra.session.client.SessionCredentialExpiredException: Your session credential has expired please login again.

Any clever ideas?

• 1. Re: Jython Credential Acquiring
          Bill Robinson

so you shouldn't need to set username, password or appserverhost here.  just serviceprofile and the rolename.

to pickup a new credential you need to destroy your existing connection w/ something like this:

def disconnect(self):

from com.bladelogic.client import *

i = net.ClientConnectionPool.getInstance();

ii = net.ClientConnectionPool.getInstance().closeAllConnections();

return net.ClientConnectionPool.getInstance().getConnectionCount();

take a look here:

Re: Using Jython Against 2 BL Environments