2 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2013 1:16 PM by Bill Robinson

Check Disk's Mirroring and Capcity on Cluster and Non-Cluster File Systems

Greetings My Friends,

I am totally new BladeLogic and I am trying to build a Compliance policy + Audit policy for the below requirments which I have received from the AIX UNIX Administartion support team. Basically, they want BladeLogic to report:

1-     Any disks that is part of the "rootvg" or "swapvg" that is not mirrored

2-     Any mirrored disk that is mirrored to another disk but with different capcity size.

3-     Can we apply this policy to any volume group regardless if it is "rootvg" or not.

Please assist me on how to do the above tasks

PS> I do not want to script the above-mentioned tasks, if possbile

Thanks in advance

Omar............

• 1. Re: Check Disk's Mirroring and Capcity on Cluster and Non-Cluster File Systems
          Joe Piotrowski

What version of BSA is this? When doing Compliance within BSA I always recommend you Live Browse your server and see if we are capturing the information you are looking to do Compliance Rules against. If you cannot find that information listed, your next option would be to create an Extended Object script to get those values. If that doesn't work, you might be forced to script everything.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Check Disk's Mirroring and Capcity on Cluster and Non-Cluster File Systems
            Bill Robinson

You will probably need to create a script to do this, and import that as an extended object, and then run your compliance job against the output of the EO.  the script could echo a simple pass/fail for each condition, or you could have the script echo out more information and perform the check logic in the compliance rules.

as far as applying a remediation for this - you can associate a blpackage w/ the rule, so that if the rule fails something can be run.  the blpackage can contain just 'external commands' which will run commands native to the OS to remedy the problem.  that would also have to be worked out.

so typically w/ a problem like this the thought process is:

1 - can i do this natively in bsa (no in this case)

2 - how do i do this outside of bsa, in a non-interactive fashion (question to you)

3 - how can i take what i did outside of bsa and run it from bsa (EO/ compliance rules)

1 of 1 people found this helpful