1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2013 6:42 AM by Team Fujitsu

unable run bldeploycmd.bat with "Not super-user" error.

Team Fujitsu

Hi, I've got the problem that failed to deploy BLPackage job.

Here is "bldeloy-xxx.log".

DEBUG    bldeploy - [1][] chdir to PkgDir: '/var/tmp/stage/xxx/'

ERROR    bldeploy - [1][] unable run bldeploycmd.bat(1:Not super-user)

ERROR    bldeploy - [1][] Command returned non-zero exit code: 255

Why does "Not super-user" occur?

Environment:

BladeLogic:BMC BladeLogic Server Automation 8.0.8
      DB:Oracle

% agentinfo HOSTA

HOSTA:

Agent Release   : 8.0.8.814

Hostname        : HOSTA

User Permissions: 0/0 (root/root)

License Status  : Licensed for NSH/CM

• 1. Re: unable run bldeploycmd.bat with "Not super-user" error.
          Siddu angadi

With What user and role, you are trying execute this BLPackage. I do not see any mapping of your user and roles under user.txt and even in users.local.

Push ACL if you are using custom roles to deploy this application. If you are using BLAdmin, update users.local file with below entry:

BLAdmins:BLAdmin rw, map=root.

Thanks

Siddu

• 2. Re: unable run bldeploycmd.bat with "Not super-user" error.
            Team Fujitsu

Thank you for your reply.

However, I can't be confirmed immediately.

I already defined the following.

Target: HOSTA(Agent Server)

File:/usr/lib/rsc/exports:

*   rw,user=root

Do I need an additional set of users.local? (In my understanding,It's unnecessary.)

• 3. Re: unable run bldeploycmd.bat with "Not super-user" error.
              Siddu angadi

Hi,

Export is just define from which server you connect.

Users and user.local define from which user should job to be triggered with what role.

If you executing with BLAdmins role, you have to make entry into users.local

If you have custom roles created, push ACL and then try trigger the job,

Thanks

Siddu

• 4. Re: unable run bldeploycmd.bat with "Not super-user" error.
                Joe Piotrowski

If I'm not mistaken, your entry in exports to map directly to the root user trumps the users and users.local files, so I don't think that is your issue. Did you open a Support ticket about this?

• 5. Re: unable run bldeploycmd.bat with "Not super-user" error.
                  Bill Robinson

joe - that's not correct.

first exports is read, then users.local.  if a mapping exists in users.local that is used otherwise it looks in users.  if there is not a mapping there, and there is not a 'nouser' entry the exports mapping would work.  if there is not a mapping in users and the 'nouser' line is there, you get no access.

• 6. Re: unable run bldeploycmd.bat with "Not super-user" error.
                    Joe Piotrowski

Bill, so you're saying that if exports contains this:

* rw,user=root

And users contains

nouser

The nouser in the users files would trump the direct map to root in the exports file?

• 7. Re: unable run bldeploycmd.bat with "Not super-user" error.
                      Bill Robinson

Assuming there is not an entry in users for the role:user or user you are connecting as, yes, you would have no access.

• 8. Re: unable run bldeploycmd.bat with "Not super-user" error.
                        Team Fujitsu

Hi all, thank you for reply.

I have confirmed that there is no problem in user-mapping(exports,users, users.local).

My guess is as follows.
                        -  "not super-user" is message of system call.
                        -  it is caused by security setting of os, securitysoft or etc...

However, I don't know bsa has issued what system call.

I opened a support ticket.
                        Now, I'm waiting for the answer from support.

• 9. Re: unable run bldeploycmd.bat with "Not super-user" error.
                          John O'Toole

I would reproduce the issue, note the exact time and then look at and send us the rscd.log from the target. This will tell us exactly what user and role it is coming in as, who you are being mapped to and what the command is. Its always easier to look in there first as sometimes the user/role, mapped user, client machine etc will surprise you and help you fix the issue.

• 10. Re: unable run bldeploycmd.bat with "Not super-user" error.
                            Team Fujitsu

Hi John.

exact time: 05/01/13 11:11:57

Here is rscd.log. I have replaced customer infomation. (hostname, IP address, transaction ID)

--------------------------

05/01/13 11:11:32.695 INFO     rscd -  HOSTA 5133 -1/-1 (???): ???: FIPS already enabled

05/01/13 11:11:32.816 INFO1    rscd -  192.168.0.212 5133 0/0 (BLAdmins:BLAdmin): CM: > [Deploy] Job 'unix_lock' is executing a dry run

05/01/13 11:11:54.341 INFO     rscd -  HOSTA 5265 -1/-1 (???): ???: FIPS already enabled

05/01/13 11:11:54.409 INFO1    rscd -  192.168.0.212 5265 0/0 (BLAdmins:BLAdmin): CM: > [Deploy] Retrieving the root filesystem

05/01/13 11:11:54.430 INFO1    rscd -  192.168.0.212 5265 0/0 (BLAdmins:BLAdmin): CM: > [Deploy] Copying '//FILESV/opt/bmc/BladeLogic/8.0/NSH/storage/imported/1316587935754/blpackages/unix_lock-2058622.1' to '//HOSTA/var/tmp/stage/xxx'

05/01/13 11:11:57.367 INFO     rscd -  HOSTA 5284 -1/-1 (???): ???: FIPS already enabled

05/01/13 11:11:57.501 INFO1    rscd -  192.168.0.212 5284 0/0 (BLAdmins:BLAdmin): CM: > [Deploy] Job 'unix_lock' is applying

05/01/13 11:12:15.740 INFO1    rscd -  192.168.0.212 5284 0/0 (BLAdmins:BLAdmin): CM: > [Deploy] Deleting //HOSTA/opt/bmc/BladeLogic/8.0/NSH/Transactions/log/tmp/bldeploy-xxx.log

--------------------------

• 11. Re: unable run bldeploycmd.bat with "Not super-user" error.
                              Bill Robinson

and that corresponds to the bldeploy log you posted earlier ?

is it possible to re-run the job so we have a fresh set of both logs and post the entire rscd and bldeploy log ?

• 12. Re: unable run bldeploycmd.bat with "Not super-user" error.
                                Team Fujitsu

and that corresponds to the bldeploy log you posted earlier ?

Yes. Here is the log with timestamp.

-----

05/01/13 11:12:08.685 INFO     bldeploy - Starting apply

05/01/13 11:12:08.687 DEBUG    bldeploy - [][] Starting pre-apply for BLPACKAGE

05/01/13 11:12:08.687 DEBUG    bldeploy - [][] Applying parent first id =

05/01/13 11:12:08.688 INFO     bldeploy - [][] Processing asset BLPACKAGE

05/01/13 11:12:08.690 DEBUG    bldeploy - [1][] Applying parent first id = 1

05/01/13 11:12:08.690 INFO     bldeploy - [1][] Processing asset EXTERNALCMD

05/01/13 11:12:08.690 INFO     bldeploy - [1][] Executing command: "passwd -l user01"

05/01/13 11:12:08.690 DEBUG    bldeploy - [1][] chdir to PkgDir: '/var/tmp/stage/xxx/'

05/01/13 11:12:08.691 ERROR    bldeploy - [1][] unable run bldeploycmd.bat(1:Not super-user)

05/01/13 11:12:08.692 ERROR    bldeploy - [1][] Command returned non-zero exit code: 255

-----

It was the same result  when customer used other command in external command.

So I think that "passwd -l" is no problem.

-----

05/18/13 12:14:28.717 INFO     bldeploy - Starting apply

05/18/13 12:14:28.719 DEBUG    bldeploy - [][] Starting pre-apply for BLPACKAGE

05/18/13 12:14:28.719 DEBUG    bldeploy - [][] Applying parent first id =

05/18/13 12:14:28.719 INFO     bldeploy - [][] Processing asset BLPACKAGE

05/18/13 12:14:28.722 DEBUG    bldeploy - [1][] Applying parent first id = 1

05/18/13 12:14:28.722 INFO     bldeploy - [1][] Processing asset EXTERNALCMD

05/18/13 12:14:28.722 INFO     bldeploy - [1][] Executing command: "ifconfig -a ..."

05/18/13 12:14:28.722 DEBUG    bldeploy - [1][] chdir to PkgDir: '/var/tmp/stage/xxx/'

05/18/13 12:14:28.722 ERROR    bldeploy - [1][] unable run bldeploycmd.bat(1:Not super-user)

05/18/13 12:14:28.724 ERROR    bldeploy - [1][] Command returned non-zero exit code: 255

-----

Re-run may be difficult.

• 13. Re: unable run bldeploycmd.bat with "Not super-user" error.
                                  Jim Wilson

Hi Team Fujitsu

Did this get resolved?

If so, please can you update the discussion thread with details so that is can be marked as answered.

Thanks & Regards,

Jim (Community Manager/Facilitator)

• 14. Re: unable run bldeploycmd.bat with "Not super-user" error.
                                    Bill Robinson

it would be helpful if you can attach the entire rscd.log and bldeploy.log to your post, as well as listing what is in the blpackage external commands that are being run.

1 2 Previous Next