I think the additional granularity of having the separate scripting area is helpful.
I think as long as we tag our discussions well, then we will be able to preserve that granularity while having a central discussion area.
Hi Greg,1 of 1 people found this helpful
I definetly appreciate the idea of having a single BSA community !
Especially with Jive and its mobile apps i think it would make participating easier.
for now i'd like to keep the documents that are in the scripting community separate, merge the discussions over and disable discussions on the scripting community. or we need to tag all the current docs before we move them over so it's clear they are 'scripts'.
To keep you updated with what's happening.
Community managers (behind the scenes) in these past days had this exact talk on the need to simplify navigation to aid:
- Ease of searching content and experts to interact
- A simple & predictable ux by removing silos (sub communities), consistent with all Product Communities
- To achieve growing user participation around Products
- All the scripts content have been tagged
- The merge is scheduled to happen in the coming days to achieve a unified public Server Automation community - Stay tuned.
|__ BMC BladeLogic
|__ Server Automation
- Illustration courtesy Jim Wilson
Unfortunately, it looks as though the hundreds of merged scripting threads got time stamped with the time of the move (yesterday at 10:02am) which pushed all the current BSA threads way down the list. So, for example, you have a scripting thread from 2005 getting a new time stamp. An unfortunate consequence of the merge.
Indeed. Thanks for pointing that out. i need to check if there's a way to make a lesser splash.