5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2013 5:10 PM by Joe Piotrowski

(Not_available): (Not_available): bl_check_rand_support

Luis Curadelli
      1. 8.2.01 RSCD on HP-UX 11.11

Searched for full error and just for bl_check_rand_support in KB and it only returns this case.

I discussed with Bill Robinson via chat and he is not sure about it either.

Ticket summary below:

RSCD agent consistently fails to auto-restart on HP-UX server after weekly reboot. Admin must manually start the agent. Was wondering if a newer version of the agent is available or any other suggested resolution to this problem.

The server's administrator reports the following:

Tiger continue to be an issue. Tiger reboots every Sunday, and I verified that the rscd process were started

after reboot.  I do see some errors in the rscd.log1:

check_rand_support failed for

1. agent. Exiting and terminating connection.

WARN   

rscd -  172.27.173.20 29880 -1/-1 (Not_available): (Not_available): bl_check_rand_support

failed for agent. Exiting and terminating connection.

WARN   

rscd -  172.27.173.19 627 -1/-1 (Not_available): (Not_available):

bl_check_rand_support failed for agent. Exiting and terminating connection.

WARN   

rscd -  172.27.173.19 8450 -1/-1 (Not_available): (Not_available):

WARN   

rscd -  172.27.173.19 8964 -1/-1 (Not_available): (Not_available):

WARN   

rscd -  172.27.173.19 10118 -1/-1 (Not_available): (Not_available):

WARN   

rscd -  172.27.173.19 20255 -1/-1 (Not_available): (Not_available):

I re-started rscd on tiger. This normally fixes it, but I think we need to see if this is a bladlogic agent issue. Can someone check if there is a newer version of bl for hpux 11.11 ?