I can speak to version 8.2.00.006 being very solid. I'm in the middle of my upgrade to 8.2.02.001a and it has been a little tough going. But I'm only in the very beginning of it.
I have just upgraded to 8.2.02.001 last week, and only had issues with 64bit machine unable to install 32bit package.
Looks like 8.2.02.001a have fixed those issues.
Just curious to know if you noticed any other issues.
- A few of my clinets have failed to update properly.
- Some channel packages are not working properly after the update. (Mostly poorly written packages, things that older tuners let slide)
- 64-bit Registry redirection has changed after the upgrade of the tuner.
Now, I have only updated my Infrastructure Service channel at this point. I have set my client to now check in for updates, but there are always a few that check in anyways. And these are some of the items I've seen. At this point, I'm still moving forward, but it has not been as easy as prior updates.
We have only Windows7 64 bit machines in our environment. And we dont create 32 bit packages.
Is upgrading to 8.2.02 different from upgrading to earlier versions such as 8.2.01? Do we need to make some specific changes while upgrading to 8.2.02?
I would recommend the following presentations from BMC before you start planning.
There is a large discussion around upgrading to 8.2.02. Up until version 8.2.02, the tuner has been a 32 bit application. All packages deployed were done so from a 32 bit platform. 8.2.02 has introduced a 64 bit segment for the Infrastructure Service channel. The 64 bit segment is only supported on infrastructure components (I think only transmitters). Client tuners will remain at 32 bit tuners even on 64 bit systems. Certain supported versions of the tuner will update properly to 8.2.02 32 bit, while older versions will move to the 64 bit tuner then have to update a second time to 'downgrade' to 32 bit tuner. Check with support for details on your environment.
If a Master/ Mirror/Repeater is on a 32 bit OS will the Infrastructure service upgrade fail / be successful when the following property is set
marimba.tuner.depricate64bitsegment = true
Has anyone upgraded from 8.1.01 to 8.2.02 . I did go through the release notes and they were couple of known issues. Are there any other major issues with upgrade that was noticed.