1 2 Previous Next 29 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2016 3:05 PM by Rick Cook

Cannot relate custom class CI's with ITSM applications

Parag Ghanekar
      Share This:

Hi All,

I extended the CDM model and added a few custom classes, i have completed sync and edited the Asset form to make new attributes visible. afterwards for testing purposes i created some CI's in my user sandbox and promoted them so i can see them in asset and search for them but i cant see them when i go to any other ITSM application for example Change management, when i create a new change request and try to relate a Configuration Item the change i can see the custom class name in the drop-down of CI type but when i click search it says no CI's found . Does anyone know what the problem could be ?

To add further i just created CI's directly from asset console and i can see it in other applications and relate them to the new requests.

Message was edited by: parag ghanekar

• 1. Re: Cannot relate custom class CI's with ITSM applications
          Laurent Matheo

Hi

You should move your question into the Change Management community The specified item was not found. for example to be sure it's seen.

You can move you question there, see this document:

https://communities.bmc.com/docs/DOC-23695

Are you in 7.6.04 and you used the "advanced search"?

• 2. Re: Cannot relate custom class CI's with ITSM applications
            Parag Ghanekar

Hi ,

Thanks for the info . I didnt put it in change management because i am having the same issue in incident and problem as well. I did use advanced search , and i am in 8.1.

• 3. Re: Cannot relate custom class CI's with ITSM applications
              Laurent Matheo

Ok

Well post it at least on a community where people will see it, right now it's on "your" community.

I got a 8.1 also, so I'll give it a try, but his week end, I don't have time right now :s

• 4. Re: Cannot relate custom class CI's with ITSM applications
                Parag Ghanekar

Thanks Laurent,

I have moved it to Asset management, i couldnt find any communities for all the ITSM applications combined. And it would be great if you can give it a try, no rush take your time. But remember this only happens with custom class CI's and not CDM classes .

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Cannot relate custom class CI's with ITSM applications
                  Laurent Matheo

Ok I'll tell  you this week end if you don't have an answer before

One thing you could test is log "API+SQL" ARS side in a same file and see what happens when you click on "search" to see where exactly ARS is searching?

• 7. Re: Cannot relate custom class CI's with ITSM applications
                    Ashwanth Padmanabhan

so the user through which you are able to see that custom ci through asset management console say person A ...you are logging in with the same user and going to change and trying to search this custom ci to relate and getting the no match found error??

or else the the search is being done by person B a different user?? ...if thats the case check the 112 field of that ci form that should have logged in user company ids...

-------------------------------------------------------------

and i think when you initiate the search that search will be against ast:bmc:core base element form....i mean the table where you are hitting search button....may be search in that form directly these are couple of steps to give it a try...in case you are ending up with permission related issue..

• 8. Re: Cannot relate custom class CI's with ITSM applications
                      Parag Ghanekar

Hi Ashwanth,

Yes we having the problem with the same User and with diff users, so its not that and i searched in base element and i can see all the data in there, the problem is just with AST: CI association search , which is the form used to relate a CI to a change, incident or problem. We can see the CI's we create directly from asset console but we cant search for CI created in sandbox and then promoted to Asset

• 9. Re: Cannot relate custom class CI's with ITSM applications
                        Ashwanth Padmanabhan

ideally for this what i would do is when hitting search button i will trigger the active link logs and see what is the external qual which is getting set for the table which is there in the AST:CI Association Search form and why that qual is not matching with the cis that has been promoted from sandbox which attribute is making difference..

even sql logs if you trigger you could see what is the query being formed and sent across the base element form and what attributes are making the difference..

may be dataset id field is making the difference here just a guess??

• 10. Re: Cannot relate custom class CI's with ITSM applications
                          Parag Ghanekar

Hi Ashwanth,

we looked at active links logs, filer logs and api logs, for the search and we compared them to the log for CDM class CI's. We were able to see where the problem was but couldnt figure out what. I will have a look at SQL log and post here if i find anything .

And for the dataset ID field , i tried changing the application preferences and changing the dataset we were searching in, but that didnt help either. So i am pretty sure thats not the issue. I just need to look at SQL log and if i cant find anything i will post them here and open a issue with BMC support

• 11. Re: Cannot relate custom class CI's with ITSM applications
                            Parag Ghanekar

Hi, here are the active link logs, filter logs and sql logs. I cant find (or understand) anything from these so, it would be really helpful if any of you have a look and try to find the problem.

Thanks & Regards

Parag Ghanekar

UPDATE: Based on File attachment policies, a file was removed, see FAQ for more

• 12. Re: Cannot relate custom class CI's with ITSM applications
                              Parag Ghanekar

I think i might have found the problem, but i need to find the reason for it and how to correct it.

I found out that the CI status (Assetlifecyclestatus ) field on the AST forms for the custom classes is set to null, although the default value is defined as Deployed, its not picking up the default value, and if i search for the CI's of the custom classes from asset console >>manage CI's and then try to change the value for the status field and save it . it doesnt save the value, and its still set to null. IF anyone else has had a similar problem in the past please let me know how to resolve this.

• 13. Re: Cannot relate custom class CI's with ITSM applications
                                Laurent Matheo

Ok I was struggling with creating a class and making AST forms before I realized in the "CMDBSynchronizeUI.log" that a "WARNING" was actually stopping the SyncUI right in the middle of the AST form creation

Basically the "max get list" in "Server Information->Configuration" was making all stop...

09-05-2013 19-14-54.png

So give me some time and I should be able to test it

• 14. Re: Cannot relate custom class CI's with ITSM applications
                                  Laurent Matheo

I tested in a 8.1 environment.

So I created "LMA_CLASS" from BMC.CORE:BMC_BaseElement using the mighty "let's cross fingers so it doesn't crash" flex console .

Then Sync UI with a menu so I can see it in Asset console.

Actually it gives me something weird, by default the status field in the "AST:LMA_CLASS" is hidden (???):

01.png

Though the default value is "deployed":

02.png

So I had to set the form in overlay, the management view in overlay and the status field "add field to view overlay" and change the "Others" "overlay type" to "overwrite" and finally changed "Visible" to true.

Then I went to Asset console and went to "new->LMA_CLASS->LMA_CLASS" and can see now the status field and so I created a CI:

(product categorization menus seem not to work and I feel like a field is missing next to "CI Name*" but let's save that for later):

03.png

So it's created and in "deployed" status (I didn't change or selected the status when I created the CI):

04.png

Then I went and created an incident and looked for "%daddy%" as a CI:

05.png

And it found it:

06.png

And I could relate the CI to the incident:

07.png

Can you try to do the same thing and see if it works?

If it works, then tell me exactly how you did you have a CI "that doesn't work" and I'll try to replicate.

1 2 Previous Next