9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2013 8:31 AM by Bill Robinson

MAS Setup help

I am installing 3 app servers at the customer site. Brought the 1 server did all the configs, now trying to add the other 2. I copied the following as per the instructions:

But when I open the "infrastructure Management" and click on "Application Server Launcher" and getting an error message, "Launcher service is not available for server"

Thanks alot in advance for your help.

• 1. Re: MAS Setup help
          Bill Robinson

can the appserver your guy is connected to connect to ports 9700-9702 on the new appservers ?

are the new appservers running ?

did you also set the keystore passwd in blasadmin in the new boxes to the same as on the 1st ?

was _template the only deployiment that existed on the new appservers?

did you copy the bladelogic.keystore file to _launcher on the new appservers ?

• 2. Re: MAS Setup help

Bill, yes the ports are open, yes the new appserver is running, I dint set the keystore password via blasadmin, no there are other folders under the deployment, do I need to need to copy the bladelogic.keystore file off all those folders?

Can you please also ink the blasadmin command i need to run?

• 3. Re: MAS Setup help
              Siddu angadi

Hi Sohail,

Yes you have set same keystore password for all servers. Or best way sync all keystore files.

• 4. Re: MAS Setup help
                Steffen Kreis

the blasadmin command is:

blasadmin -a set appserver certpasswd [YOUR_PASSWORD]

• 5. Re: MAS Setup help

getting error message when running the blasadmin -a set appserver certpasswd <password> command:

blasadmin -a set appserver certpasswd TEST

blasadmin now running against the following deployments: default, _template

[18 Apr 2013 08:10:31,302] [main] [ERROR] Unable to move file D:\Program Files\B

MC Software\BladeLogic\NSH\br\deployments\default\options\appserver-options.prop

erties1366290631240.tmp to D:\Program Files\BMC Software\BladeLogic\NSH\br\deplo

[18 Apr 2013 08:10:31,380] [main] [ERROR] Unable to move file D:\Program Files\B

MC Software\BladeLogic\NSH\br\deployments\_template\options\appserver-options.pr

operties1366290631302.tmp to D:\Program Files\BMC Software\BladeLogic\NSH\br\dep

I also ran the following command and had same issues:

blasadmin -s _launcher set AppServerLauncher KeyStorePassword <keystorePassword>

• 6. Re: MAS Setup help
                    Siddu angadi

Run the "cmd" as administrator and then trigger the blasadmin command as below:

blasadmin -s _launcher

set AppServerLauncher KeyStorePassword "Password"

• 7. Re: MAS Setup help
                      Jim Wilson

Hi Sohail Durrani

Did this get resolved?

If so, please can you update the discussion thread with details so that is can be marked as answered.

Thanks & Regards,

Jim (Forum Manager/Facilitator)

• 8. Re: MAS Setup help

Have you did the time sync for all three aapserver.I think the problem is that All MAS appserver should be time sync,otherwise it wont show in the infrastructure management.

• 9. Re: MAS Setup help
                          Bill Robinson

ntp ?