2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2013 12:17 PM by Rakesh Jajper

Report generated in BIRT limit the no. of records on Mid Tier

Share:|

Hi All,

I am running a search query in user console with certain qualification criteria that yield me 50k records. However when I design a web report in BIRT the same criteria generates only 2k records on mid tier. Am I missing something here?

Form name: BMC.CORE:BMC_HostedSystemComponents

Query: 'DatasetId' = "BMC.ASSET" AND 'Source.ClassId' = "BMC_COMPUTERSYSTEM" AND 'Destination.ClassId' = "BMC_PRODUCT"

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

TIA

-vik

EDIT: Attached sample rptdesign file.

• 1. Re: Report generated in BIRT limit the no. of records on Mid Tier
          Laurent Matheo

It looks like you have a limitation set in ARS server configuration (AR System Administration Console->System->General->Server Information->Configuration):

Max-Entries-Per-Query

Usually it's used to limit the number of records fetched to avoid performance issues.

If you're in 7.6.04 sp4 (or better) there are also parameters that can limit the numbers of records fetched:

https://communities.bmc.com/communities/message/297369#297369

• 2. Re: Report generated in BIRT limit the no. of records on Mid Tier
            Rakesh Jajper

There is KB article which address this issue refer that, here is the copy of that:

KB Article: KA379986

Problem

Max Entries and Excel Export configuration of native reports and web reports in config.properties file of Midtier 7.6.04 SP4

LP: BMC Remedy AR System Server 7.6.04
            DR: AR System Mid Tier 7.6.04

Details: I have noticed that there appears to be some new parameters in the config.properties of the midtier v7.6.04 SP4 related to max entries:
            arsystem.FileExport_max_entries
            arsystem.nativereport.onscreen_max_entries
            arsystem.webreport.onscreen_max_entries

In previous versions, what was the default restriction? Or was there no restriction? Is there a way to have the restriction in place for certain permissions groups?

If I did not want to restrict the entries, would I just increase the numbers of the above three parameters, or is there a way to disable the restriction? Are there any other parameters that I need to know about?

Thanks,
            Chris

Issue Summary: SP4 Reporting - Max Entries

Solution

As of Mid-tier 7.6.4 SP2 (latest patch), these settings are available in config.properties,There are 3 properties that restrict report generation in Midtier depending on the version of midtier. These settings are valid for the 7.6.04 SP4 as well.

These properties can be added/modified in <MidtierInstallation>/WEB-INF/classes/config.properties for further configuration.

AR Reports:

1. arsystem.nativereport.onscreen_max_entries: This property determines the maximum number of records that will be rendered on the screen when a user chooses to view an AR Report.

Scenarios of use

a. arsystem.nativereport.onscreen_max_entries=2000 [Default Value - and this value will be used if the property is not present in config.properties]
            b. arsystem.nativereport.onscreen_max_entries=0 [Not recommended in production - This will disable all restriction on the number of records rendered on the screen]

Note: The records rendered onscreen will be Only the first 2000 records will be rendered on screen if (for example) the property is set to 2000

2. arsystem.FileExport_max_entries: This property determines the maximum number of records that will be exported (as CSV, ARX etc.) when a user chooses to export an AR Report.

Scenarios of use

a. arsystem.FileExport_max_entries=2000 [Default value - and this value will be used if the property is not present in config.properties]
            b. arsystem.FileExport_max_entries=0 [Not recommended in production - This will disable all restriction on the number of records exported]

Note: The records exported will be the first 2000 records if (for example) the property is set to 2000
            Web Reports:

3. arsystem.webreport.onscreen_max_entries: This property determines the number of records that will be shown onscreen and the number records that the user would be allowed to export when a user uses Midtier Web Reporting.

Scenarios of use

a. arsystem.webreport.onscreen_max_entries=2000 [Default value]
            b. arsystem.webreport.onscreen_max_entries=0 [Not recommended in production - This will disable all restriction on the number of records rendered on the screen. This value will be used if the property is not present in config.properties so it is recommended that this value be added for all production midtier instances.]

Note: The records rendered on-screen or exported will be the first 2000 records if (for example) the property is set to 2000

1 of 1 people found this helpful