1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 11, 2013 9:06 AM by Paul Kloves
      • 1. Re: PCM getting configuration

There is no command to "get" all configured Patrol Agent configurations, but I was able to get around this by applying a dummy variable and telling the CLI to back up all Agents.

My dummy variable was:

PATROL_CONFIG

"/AgentSetup/Dummy/LastRuleSetApplyDate" = { REPLACE = "%LA_TIME%" }

I then used the following Windows Batch file to apply this rule, which, of course, created a backup of each Patrol Agent's configuration:

@Echo Off

rem ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rem PCM-AutoGet.bat:  This script uses the PCM CLI to push a dummy RuleSet for the sole

rem       purpose of automatically generating a backup of all Patrol Agents Configurations.

rem       The RuleSet we push out, /Custom_RuleSets/GetLatestConfig/DateOfLastApply, sets a

rem       Patrol Configuration variable, /AgentSetup/Dummy/LastRuleSetApplyDate with the date

rem       and time stamp of the last time a RuleSet was applied to this server.  Not that this

rem       is very useful information, but I felt like setting it to something kinda useful.

rem

rem Paul Kloves 2006-01-10

rem ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SETLOCAL

set SCRIPT=%TEMP%\%COMPUTERNAME%-%1-AgentReport.cli

set LOG="%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\PCM-AutoGet.log"

echo apply -ba -g WindowsOS Custom_RuleSets\GetLatestConfig\DateOfLastApply > %SCRIPT%

echo apply -ba -g UnixOS Custom_RuleSets\GetLatestConfig\DateOfLastApply >> %SCRIPT%

"%BMC_ROOT%\pconfmgr\pcm.cmd" -P "SOFTWARE\BMC Software\Patrol\SecurityPolicy_v3.0\pcm_cli" -f %SCRIPT% > %LOG% 2>&1

ENDLOCAL

exit 0

Notice that I am applying the Rule to groups called WindowsOS and UnixOS.  These groups contain all of my Patrol Agents.  Also, I think I was passing the script the date and time so that the CLI file created had the dat and time in the filename.

Hope this helps some,

-Paul