5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2013 9:02 PM by Bill Robinson

Need some help with shell scripting

Charles Berman

Hello,

I have a situation where I have been thrown into creating a shell script for BL with no knowledge of the tool.

I need to run a script from a windows based BL server to dozens of AIX servers. The Unix protion of the shell script is done and creates a one line csv file.

I don't know how to push or pull the file back to the windows server and then have each entry from each server create one file.

I also don't know what would need to be placed at the top of the file if any thing.

Should I push my Ksh script to the server and run it or should it be incorprated into the nsh script?

Any and all help is appricated.

Thank you,

Charlie

• 1. Re: Need some help with shell scripting
          Bill Robinson

what do you need to do w/ the csv after you get it back on the windows box?

can you paste the shell script you are trying to run ?

• 2. Re: Need some help with shell scripting
            Siddu angadi

Hi Charles,

use the BLPackage or NSHScript type 3 to trigger your shell commands to generate CSV file on target AIX box.

Look at the 'cp' in the NSHScripting.

As example:

TargetServer="hostname of your windows box"

SourceServer=$1    ##-- basically NSHscript parameter -- TARGET.NAME property

cp -f //${SourceServer}/tmp/test.csv //${SourceServer}/c/temp

Thank

Siddu

• 3. Re: Need some help with shell scripting
              Bill Robinson

if he needs to pull the csv back to the appserver, using a blpackage is out, so is a type 3 nsh script.

depending on what his script does, it may be possible to convert it right to nsh and run a few commands via nexec. 

• 4. Re: Need some help with shell scripting
                Charles Berman

This is the entire script that as it would need to be run on the AIX server.

It will produce a single line file that has ',' in it. But each file one each server would needed to be concatinated at the host server where a master file would be created.

lslpp -L gpfs.base

X=`echo $?`

if [ $X = 0 ]; then

echo "$(uname -n)," $( lslpp -L gpfs.base|sed -n '3p'|awk '{print $1, $2}')> /tmp/gpfs.txt

else

echo "$(uname -n), File set not installed" > /tmp/gpfs.txt

fi

• 5. Re: Need some help with shell scripting
                  Bill Robinson

so you could do this as a type 1 or type 2.  if you need to combine the results in to a single file, you can either do a type 1 to get the results, and a type 2 to combine them, or just a type 2.  the type 2 will need to loop through all the targets where as the type 1 would not...

anyway - as a type 2 you could do like:

for server in $@

do

nexec -i -l ${server} sh -c "lslpp -L gpfs.base"

X=$?

if [[ $X = 0 ]]

then

echo "${server},$(nexec -i -l ${server} sh -c "lslpp -L gpfs.base|sed -n '3p'|awk '{print $1, $2}')" >> //SOMESERVER/tmp/gpfs.txt

else

echo "${server}, File set not installed" >> //SOMESERVER/tmp/gpfs.txt

fi

done