4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2013 5:41 PM by Siddu angadi

excel or CSV as input files

I am trying use the command:

blcli_execute BlPackage deleteBlPackageByGroupAndName $Group $Name

The command line itself works fine.  I was just wondering if there is a way to use an xml file or csv file as a input.  Right now I have an excel file with all the package's name in one column and all the group's name for said packages in another column.  It is a very long list of packages and ideally I would like to run some sort loop that pulls in the all package names and package group seperately so I can go through the entire list using the command line above.

• 1. Re: excel or CSV as input files
          Siddu angadi

Create test.csv file and first column should have GroupName and 2nd column should have package Name.

use Below code:

##########################################################################

Lines=`cat test.csv`

For Line in $Lines

do

echo $Line

Group=`echo $Line | cut -d ',' -f1`

Name=`echo $Line | cut -d ',' -f2`

done

###########################################################################

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: excel or CSV as input files
            Bill Robinson

if there are spaces in the file lines that's not going to work.

you should do:

while read Line

do

echo $Line

Group=`echo $Line | cut -d ',' -f1`

Name=`echo $Line | cut -d ',' -f2`

done < test.csv

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: excel or CSV as input files

I put that into the script but now I am getting the error:

command execution failed. com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.util.BlException: Cannot find depot object by  in group : Engineering with type : BLPACKAGE

I know that parentGroup and packageName are correct, because when I run the code without the loop -just hard coded the packages names and parentGroups into the script itself- it works.  I am only having problems when I run it with the loop.  And I am pretty sure the csv file is formatted correctly.  I am using windows' notebook to create the csv file, I dont know if that would be the problem though.

• 4. Re: excel or CSV as input files
                Siddu angadi

Hi,

It might be because of whitespace in the group name, so change the blcli_execute command to :

blcli_execute BlPackage deleteBlPackageByGroupAndName "${Group}" ${Name}"

Thanks

Siddu