5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2013 5:21 AM by Jesper Rellme

Installing Java JDK

Gerardo Bartoccini

we are attempting to install Java JDK by means of a BL Deploy Job.

We tried by importing the binary file as a custom software, and changed the install command from

"??SOURCE??" /S /v"/qn INSTALLDIR=c:\java1.5 REBOOT=Suppress"

When we deploy it, we get the following error:

Info    7-mar-2013 3.34.15     Executing command: ""2001882.1\jdk-1_5_0_22-windows-amd64.exe" /S /v\"/qn INSTALLDIR=c:\java1.5 REBOOT=Suppress\""

1    jdk-1_5_0_22-windows-amd64.exe

Error    7-mar-2013 3.34.22     Command returned non-zero exit code: 1203 The network path was either typed incorrectly, does not exist, or the network provider is not currently available. Please try retyping the path or contact your network administrator.

Error    7-mar-2013 3.34.22     Apply failed: id = 1

We also tried to deploy the binary as a file and then executing an external command, as follows:

cd C:\Installer

"2001882.1\jdk-1_5_0_22-windows-amd64.exe" /S /v\"/qn INSTALLDIR=c:\java1.5 REBOOT=Suppress\"

but with no luck.

I then connected to the target server with nexec -i -e cmd, and I attempted several different combinations of syntaxes, with double quotes in different positions, but with no luck.

Any hints?

• 1. Re: Installing Java JDK
          Siddu angadi

I would always prefer to use the BLPackage.

1. Add the Java binary into BLPackage
          2. add exertnal command and provide install command in CMD tab

• 2. Re: Installing Java JDK
            Siddu angadi

I have uploaded the document, you can refer it.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Installing Java JDK
              Gerardo Bartoccini

Thanks Siddu,

we need 1.5.0 and 1.6.0. 1.6.0 installs fine in a BLPackage with no needs of an external command as we imported  it as a custom software with the following install command:

"??SOURCE??" /s INSTALLDIR=c:\java1.6 STATIC=1 WEB_JAVA=0

On the other hand,we have an issue with JDK 1.5.0, no matter if we use a custom software or a file + external command (in both cases into a BLPackage)

• 4. Re: Installing Java JDK
                Gerardo Bartoccini

We found a solution.

Reporting it here just in case anybody hits the same issue.

It turned out Java JDK 1.5.0 is an InstallShield which embeds an MSI.

The parameters are passed from the InstallShield to the MSI, that's why the double quotes are needed.

By extracting the InstallShield, retrieving the MSI, and directly deploy it we solved the issue.

This worked:

1) run jdk-1_5_0_22-windows-amd64.exe

2) from the temp dir retrieve the MSI file: J2SE Development Kit 5.0 Update 22.msi

3) import it into BL as MSI package

4) set the install command of the MSI package to

msiexec /I "??SOURCE??" /qn INSTALLDIR=C:\java1.5 ALLUSERS=1 REBOOT=ReallySuppress

5) deploy

• 5. Re: Installing Java JDK

Glad to hear you found a fix for it. Previously when I was faced with an embedded msi package I was able to run the installer against the setup.exe and provide the msi parameters with the /v flag. Maybe this could have been used in your case too.

"setup.exe" /S /v"/qn INSTALLDIR=C:\install_dir ALLUSERS=1 REBOOT=ReallySuppress"

1 of 1 people found this helpful