3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2013 6:36 AM by Raj NameToUpdate

Install BPPM and other software on windows

I want to install / unistall software on windows server via BSA

For instance : Antivirus / BPPM  etc.

Please suggest..

• 1. Re: Install BPPM and other software on windows
          Joe Piotrowski

Raj, the key to software installations, in my opionion, is getting the unintended install string correct. There are numerous Windows installers out there with their own switches for setting your install/uninstall parameters. So when you ask a basic question like "how do I install software" there is no easy answer to that question. You will be better served by asking "what is the unattended installation string for Symantec Endpoint Encrytion version 12" or something similar.

The first thing you need to do is research the application you want to install, and find the best way to install it via command line for an "unattended installation." Then, practice the installation on a test server from a Command shell. Once you have the string you want that works, replicate that in BSA.

You can do software deploys in different ways in BSA. There is no right or wrong way to do it. Choose the one that makes the most sense to you and your organization. For example, you can deploy an application three different ways:

- File Deploy Job with a Post Command that initiates the installation

- Software Deploy Job

- BLPackage Deploy Job with an external command that initiates the installation

My recommendation for you would be to use the Software Deploy Job. But I would also recommend trying the other ways as well to familiarize yourself with the different ways BSA can accomplish a software deploy.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Install BPPM and other software on windows

Thanks for Nice explanation...