5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2018 4:43 AM by SHANKAR KRISHNAMOORTHI

Email address (To in AR system email messages) field size

Chandrakala Mohan
      Share This:

I am sending mail by using Notify action of filter.
      I entered more than 500 characters in to address field while sending mail,
      but in the AR System Email Messages form when I open that Email message it's character length is reduced to 255 character.

When i checked in Developer studio, To field is a CLOB , instead of that it has only 255 character.
      There can be email addresses when their size will be more that 255 character.
      I need to know which from is used by Notify action , because of that To email addresses are truncating, is their any way we can increase the limit of that field.

• 1. Re: Email address (To in AR system email messages) field size
          Jayesh Panchal

HI Chandrakala,

If you want to increase the subject line character above 255 then you need to change in all relavant forms and workflows need to be modified accordingly which is cumbersome.

you can go through below communities link may help you:

https://communities.bmc.com/communities/message/250658#250658

Regards,

Jayesh

• 2. Re: Email address (To in AR system email messages) field size

This is a known issue of truncating the "To" field to 255 Characters. You may use the Push field action to the email messages form instead of using the Notify action. OR Create a new reference field and store all your email addresses to this field and in notify action use the value from the referenced field like $Field$.

-Shantanu Ballal

• 3. Re: Email address (To in AR system email messages) field size

Hi,

My first question will be what is the version of AR Server you are at?

Actually when you write a notify action then AR Server actually pushes the entry into the AR System Email Messages form. This restriction is from the AR Server side

See following in the documentation (You can find this in the Dev Studio -> Help Contents -> Search for the Notify action) :

• In the User field, enter information to identify the recipients of the notification.

The user field is limited to 255 characters. If you enter more than one recipient, separate each recipient by entering a hard return (press Enter). The server evaluates each line separately.

To specify one or more recipients, enter the recipient information in any of the following formats:

• AR System user names

• Alert notifications are entered in the Alert Events form, with the user name appearing in the User field.

• Email notifications are sent to the email address specified in the User form entry for the user.

• AR System group names—AR System takes the group name from the entry in the Group form, searches the User form for all users belonging to this group, and delivers the notification for each member.
              •  

• For Alert notifications, an entry is made in the Alert Events form for each group member.

• Email notifications are sent to the email address specified in the User form entry for each user.

• 4. Re: Email address (To in AR system email messages) field size

By the way you can follow what Shantanu suggested.

BUT,

Note that if for the outgoing you have enabled the Delete Outgoing Notifications to "Yes" then the email which are not created by the Notify action will not be deleted from the Email Messages form.

HTH

/Shivdatta

• 5. Re: Email address (To in AR system email messages) field size

Hi Shantanu,

I am facing the same issue. I tried SETting the temporary field from nte:notifier and mapped that to the notify action's user field. but it still truncates the value to 255. Could you help on this please. or am I doing something wrong.

also for the first option ie, pushing the entries to at system email messages form, I tried and it sort of works but I am unable to set content template and add attachments. I think I ll have to push it separately. didn't try that yet. but will do.

If you could help with the reference fields option, that would be great.