3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2013 6:40 AM by Jim Wilson

Problem with Batch Job configuration

Hi,

I need to uninstall a tool from my servers.

To uninstall the tool, i need

- first uninstall the tool from the target server

- 2nd decomission the tool from a central server

So for the first point i have created a BL package job which works fine.

For the second point, i have created a NSH script job which works fine also. The only point here is that i am unable to run multiple decommission in parallel, the tool does not accept it. So i have to do the decommission one by one.

My problem is that i am unable to configure a batch job that do all theses tasks efficiently

If i configure the Batch job to run the jobs sequentially, if one of my first jobs fails it will not do the decommission for any servers.

If i configure it by server, it will launch the 2nd job in parrallel for all servers

So, how do i configure the batch job so that it runs the 1st jobs in parallel on all server

and then run the 2nd jobs sequentially for all servers where the 1st jobs succeed ?

• 1. Re: Problem with Batch Job configuration
          Siddu angadi

Hi,

use same NSH script to execute your BLPackage Job. Do not Create the Batch Job for this.

Use BLCLI Commands to to execute BLPackage Deploy Job within NSH Script.

Thanks

Siddu

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Problem with Batch Job configuration
            Joe Piotrowski

In your Batch Job, do you have the checkbox "Continue executing batch when individual jobs return non-zero exit code" selected or not selected?

What order are your jobs in within the Batch Job? Is the "uninstall the tool job" first?

The Batch Job is designed to run the jobs within it, in the order they are added. So the job at the top will run first, the next one down will run second, etc. So if you have the following:

- Uninstall tool job listed first (top)

- Check "Continue executing batch when individual jobs return non-zero exit code" option

My assumption is "Execute jobs in parallel" and "Execute by server" would both work. You could even select "Enable Rolling Execution" as a test and set it to 1 server at a time. Have you tried that?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Problem with Batch Job configuration
              Jim Wilson

Hi Cedric,

Did this get resolved?

If so, please can you update the discussion thread with details so that is can be marked as answered.

Thanks & Regards,

Jim (Forum Manager/Facilitator)