3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2014 4:16 AM by Ben Vassie

cannot connect to service:authsvc.bladelogic:blauth://win-bbsa:9840-Connection refused:connect

Bob Bailey

This morning I logged into my console and all was good.  I went into Configuration>Infrastructure Mangement and added an Application server instance of a configuration using a different name (win-config) and different port number (9700).  After I restarted my application server I went back into the console and when I typed in my credentials I get this message:  cannot connect to service:authsvc.bladelogic:blauth://win-bbsa:9840-Connection refused:connect.  Here is what I have tripple checked:

Windows firewall is off (even disabled) for both the OS where the console is installed as well as where the application server is installed.

In the applserver log, the application server authentication service shows it started correctly.

I only have one authentication profile and it has correct port and server information.  I never touched that today...remember I was just in it ok.

The agent on the appserver is running and so is the app server.  (restarted them about 3 times)

I went as far as to uninstall and reinstall my console and my app server.

Still same problem

Any ideas?