2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2013 4:33 AM by Soundappan Shanmugam

Change stage directory

Hi everyone,

I ran into a little issue with my rscd-agent on RHEL ES 6. Problem is, when applying a job via BLC, the script is copied to "/var/tmp/stage/[JOB]" on the target.

Te security guideline of my corporation defines a noexec on /var/. Though, executing jobs on those systems fails every time.

For solution I thought of chaning the directory for the rscd agent to /tmp/stage or something, but I found no possibility to do that. Is there a configuration file or something, maybe a parameter in a startup script that defines this path, or is it hardcoded?

I could as well link /var/tmp to /tmp or something, but doing this on 4.500 servers could take quite a while.

Best regards,

Jascha Sticher

• 1. Re: Change stage directory
          Steffen Kreis

the STAGE directory is defined by the Server-Property STAGING_DIR.

So there are two things you should consider:

1.) Change the default value in the Property dictionary to your desired value in order to have it automatically set for every new server to add.

2.) Create a smart-group with all your 4.500 targets servers. right-click the Smart-Group and select "Set Property"

and then set the property "STAGING_DIR" to your desired value.

This with change the value for all servers in your smart-group.

Any job will from then on use the new directory as the STAGING Dir.

• 2. Re: Change stage directory
            Soundappan Shanmugam

Steffen Kreis is perfecto!! and this would be the best practise rather than changing the Globally defined value( Server Property dictionary) than Local defined value( Individual Server Property)