9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2013 10:23 PM by Santosh Pande

Blcli to add a patch in exclude list for a existing Patch Analysis Job ?

Hi,

I was looking for blcli command line to add a patch in exclude list for a existing PAJ.

From existing blcli commands I can create a new PAJ with exclude list (black.list).

But once this PAJ is created and if I want to add few more patches to exclude list of this new PAJ down the line !! How to get this done with blcli ??

I am using BL 8.2 SP3

Any help will be appreciated..

Regards

santosh

• 1. Re: Blcli to add a patch in exclude list for a existing Patch Analysis Job ?

Any help on this ?? Is there a way to achieve this via blcli ??

Regards

Santosh

• 2. Re: Blcli to add a patch in exclude list for a existing Patch Analysis Job ?

hey Santosh, there is an unreleased command available that maybe can do this:

PatchingJob setWindowsAnalysisOptions $job $includeFile $excludeFile $analyzeSecurityTools $analyzeSecurityPatches $analyzeNonSecurityPatches $filterServicePacks

Variable Name Variable Type
            $job  com.bladelogic.om.patch.model.job.patching.PatchingJob
            $includeFile  String
            $excludeFile  String
            $analyzeSecurityTools  Boolean
            $analyzeSecurityPatches  Boolean
            $analyzeNonSecurityPatches  Boolean
            $filterServicePacks  Boolean

For $job you probably will need to obtain a db or job key of your patching job. And once you successfuly run the command to modify options, you may need to explicitely save the job by running this command in your script (also unreleased):

Job update

hopefully this actually works

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Blcli to add a patch in exclude list for a existing Patch Analysis Job ?

Hi Lazar,

Thank you.

I will check this unrelease blcli and keep updated.

Regards

Santosh

• 4. Re: Blcli to add a patch in exclude list for a existing Patch Analysis Job ?
                Jim Wilson

Hi Santosh,

Did this get resolved?

If so, please can you update the discussion thread with details so that is can be marked as answered.

Thanks & Regards,

Jim (Forum Manager/Facilitator)

• 5. Re: Blcli to add a patch in exclude list for a existing Patch Analysis Job ?

Hi Lazar,

As mentioned in your post I tried the commands but it gives an error, this is what I am trying

JOB_FOLDER="/Test"

JOB_NAME="PAJ-OLD"

#Get the DBKey of the Patch Analysis Job

blcli_execute PatchingJob getDBKeyByGroupAndName "$JOB_FOLDER" "$JOB_NAME"

blcli_storeenv PAJ_DBKEY

includeFile="//SERVERABC/c/Temp/include.lst"

excludeFile="//SERVERABC/c/Temp/exclude.lst"

analyzeSecurityTools=false

analyzeSecurityPatches=true

analyzeNonSecurityPatches=false

filterServicePacks=true

blcli_execute PatchingJob setWindowsAnalysisOptions "$PAJ_DBKEY" "$includeFile" "$excludeFile" $analyzeSecurityTools $analyzeSecurityPatches$analyzeNonSecurityPatches $filterServicePacks

I get the following error

Command execution failed. com.bladelogic.om.infra.cli.factory.CommandNotFoundExc

eption: Found command 'PatchingJob.setWindowsAnalysisOptions' but with mismatchi

ng arguments. : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Input 'DBKey:SJobModelKeyImp

l:2167-4-2248567' cannot be converted to expected type : interface com.bladelogi

c.om.patch.model.job.patching.PatchingJob

I am passing the PAJ DBkey to the job, what is the correct way to do this.

Appreciate you help with this.

Regards

Santosh

• 6. Re: Blcli to add a patch in exclude list for a existing Patch Analysis Job ?

Hey Santosh, not sure how to get the correct key to pass, but whatever we pass needs to be of type: "com.bladelogic.om.patch.model.job.patching.PatchingJob", so I guess PatchingJob DBKey is not it.

I guess I would try to pass any of the following to see if you hit it:

- PatchAnalysisJob getJobId or getJobKey

- PatchingJob getJobId or getJobKey

- Maybe something similar from Job namespace, or maybe you'll see another command

If nothing works, then I'm not sure (you can always file a ticket I suppose) ... BR, anything else?

• 7. Re: Blcli to add a patch in exclude list for a existing Patch Analysis Job ?
                      Bill Robinson

you need to do this:

JOB_FOLDER="/Test"

JOB_NAME="PAJ-OLD"

blcli_execute PatchingJob getDBKeyByGroupAndName "$JOB_FOLDER" "$JOB_NAME"

blcli_storeenv PAJ_DBKEY

blcli_execute Job findByDBKey $PAJ_DBKEY

blcli_execute Utility storeTargetObject patchingJob

includeFile="//SERVERABC/c/Temp/include.lst"

excludeFile="//SERVERABC/c/Temp/exclude.lst"

analyzeSecurityTools=false

analyzeSecurityPatches=true

analyzeNonSecurityPatches=false

filterServicePacks=true

blcli_execute PatchingJob setWindowsAnalysisOptions NAMED_OBJECT=patchingJob "$includeFile" "$excludeFile" $analyzeSecurityTools $analyzeSecurityPatches$analyzeNonSecurityPatches $filterServicePacks

the command takes the actual job object as the first argument, not the job key.

• 8. Re: Blcli to add a patch in exclude list for a existing Patch Analysis Job ?

Hi Bill,

I tried the commands as per the instruction and there was no errors when command was executed.

blcli_execute PatchingJob setWindowsAnalysisOptions "NAMED_OBJECT=patchingJob" "$includeFile" "$excludeFile" $analyzeSecurityTools $analyzeSecurityPatches $analyzeNonSecurityPatches $filterServicePacks

com.bladelogic.om.patch.model.job.patching.WindowsPatchingJobImpl@bb8a23e5

But the list option was not selected in the PAJ job and no changes happened to the job

PAJ.PNG

The information from include\exclude files was not set and no changes happend on to the PAJ.

My include and exclude list has smartgroups path, include list has following path "GROUP#/Workspace/Patching/Windows/Catalog/WIN2008/Approved'

Exclude list has

GROUP#/Workspace/Patching/Windows/Catalog/WIN2008/Unapproved

Regards

• 9. Re: Blcli to add a patch in exclude list for a existing Patch Analysis Job ?

Hi Bill,

Ignore my previous post, I got this working.

I forgot to do a Job update afte it was executed.

Thank you for the help it is appreciated.

Hi Lazar,

Thank you for the initial guidance for getting this working, it is appreciated.

Regards

Santosh