3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2012 2:49 AM by Avisekh Das

How to send the alerts each after some interval once it has crossed the threshold limit

Share This:

HI All,

We are on BEIM 7.2

Currently once we receive any critical events in BEIM support team get the alerts as per the policy set against the ruleset it comes under but after that do not get till the next threshold breaches. But right now we do need a bit customization.

We want the policy should be activated once when there is a critical threshold breaches as well as each after 10 minute interval the policy should be fired it the events are still in critical state.

Can it be achieved anyhow? Can it be done on indivial policy/entire policies..

Helpful responses are greatly appriciated.

Regards,

Avisekh Das

• 1. Re: How to send the alerts each after some interval once it has crossed the threshold limit

Hi Avisekh,

Let me know if I havent understood your requirement correctlt. What you want is:

a) You have an event which is coming from some source and is reaching BEM once a threshold breaches.

b) Now, this source sends you events only when severity of event changes. (No realerting is enabled at the source)

c) you want to keep your team notified in every 10 minutes that the Alert still persisits and has not been closed.

Basically, you need a mechanism that will keep on alerting the team that alert is still not closed.

I have written this MRL and tested it out and this is working fine for the above scenerio.

execute Timer_on_MyEvent :

RSAenVision_Event($RSA)

where [$RSA.status != CLOSED AND $RSA.status != BLACKOUT]

when $RSA.severity >= WARNING

{

set_timer($RSA, 600, $RSA.severity) ;

ntadd($RSA,"Timer set");

}

END   

timer Rpt_MyEvent :

RSAenVision_Event($RSA)

where [$RSA.status != CLOSED AND $RSA.status != BLACKOUT]

timer_info : not_equals ''

{

$RSA.repeat_count=$RSA.repeat_count + 1;

ntadd($RSA,"Repeated");

set_timer($RSA, 600, $RSA.severity) ;

ntadd($RSA,"Timer set again");

}

END

How this works:

This mrl will modify your alert in every 10 minutes. So if you have an ICC/helpdesk team who continuously monitor the BEM console, if they sort the events via modified slot, they will keep on getting repeated alerts.

And if this BEM is integrated to Remedy properly, every time this alert gets modified, a work log will get added in the ticket.

Let me know if this worked for you.

Regards,

~AA~

• 2. Re: How to send the alerts each after some interval once it has crossed the threshold limit

Thanks for your mail,

I will be on a day long training on 27th and 28th Decembe, without any access to emails.

Service Activation/SCOM Related queries - Mahesh DN/Edwin Raja

For any escalations reach out to Santosh Balakrishnan

Regards,

Nareshkumar M

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

• 3. Re: How to send the alerts each after some interval once it has crossed the threshold limit

Hello Amar,

Thanks for the great info..I will check this out for some alerts....not all..

I will check and let you know..

Regards,

Avisekh Das