1 of 1 people found this helpful
If the BPCU difference report shows non-permitted customizations, resolve them.
Ensure that you have set your BMC Remedy Migrator configuration options before performing the following procedures.
- Install a reference server (ReferenceServer) that is the same version as your production AR System server, and install copies of all applications that are running on your production server. (The installed applications must be the same version as the applications on your production server, including patches and hotfixes.) The reference server will have only unmodified origin objects from the BMC released software, with no customizations.
- On ReferenceServer and StagingServer, use the Migrator command-line interface to create a .migrator file that contains only the objects with non-permitted customizations. Then, use Migrator to compare the two files.
- For each object that contains a non-permitted modification, perform the appropriate corrective action.
- After fixing all non-permitted modifications, delete your Migrator instruction files and the difference report from the output folder.
- Run the BPCU again in ReportDiff mode to generate a clean set of instruction files based on your server after you have removed all non-permitted customizations.
The clean Migrator instruction files are the instruction files that you will use in stage 5 of the upgrade process.
David J. Easter
Product Line Manager, AR System
BSM & Atrium Solutions Mgmt
BMC Software, Inc.
Thanks David for this valuable information.
We are preparing a reference server with same ARS and ITSM version as staging server.
I will keep this discussion open, till we successfully create overlay for non permitted objects.