4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2012 7:59 AM by Lazar NameToUpdate

Some hotfixes are not listed in Live Browse

Hello,

When I check under Live Browse/Hotfixes, some systems hotfixes are missing.

They are well installed as I can list them using wmic qfe.

Any idea why all hotfixes are not display ?

In the same time, I am not able to find them within the catalog.

thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Some hotfixes are not listed in Live Browse

Hi Bixente,

Live Browse/Hotfixes does not list non-security patches.

Can you please check whether the patch is a non-security patch or not?

How did you find the patch in the catalog?

Thanks,

Indrajit

• 2. Re: Some hotfixes are not listed in Live Browse

Live Browsing Hotfixes and the information in Catalog is pulled from two different places and therefore not related.

Hotfixes - metadata is in <fileserver>/templates/

Catalog - metadata is in <fileserver>/patch/catalog/catalog_xxx/

Here's the list of why you could not see the installed patch as "Installed" in Hotfixes:

- Only Security Patches are reported here, so if the patch is a Security Tool or Non-security Patch, it will not show

- If the metadata in <fileserver>/templates is not up-to-date. It should update automatically, but it id doesn't for some reason, go to Configuration / Shavlik URL Configuration / hfnetchk6 (or hf7b in BSA 8.2.1+), click download. Try live browsing hotfixes again.

- If Shavlik does not detect the patch as "Installed". Reproduce and c:\Trace.txt on the target will have the reason to why this patch is not reported Installed.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Some hotfixes are not listed in Live Browse

Hello,

Thanks both for your response.

Indeed, patch I want to check is not a security patch but a patch to fix a vss issue.

So I have to find another way to check on my systems if patch is well installed or not.

Have a good day.

• 4. Re: Some hotfixes are not listed in Live Browse

Bixente, You can run patch analysis job (but make sure to either check 'non-security patches' or use include list for analysis) and if the patch is not reported missing, then you can assume that it's installed or not applicable. Also in 8.3 (not yet confirmed) we may bring back the option of reporting "installed" patches during patch analysis runs.