4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2012 6:25 PM by Joshua Baker

Can't create compliance rule from local template EO

BladeLogic SA 8.0

I am attempting to use command output from my servers in my compliance rules, however I am unable to use ANY of the resultant output.

I have created my local extended object using a dummy command to produce 'name = value' output:

My local EO appears in the compliance parts collection:

Once the discovery has been refreshed, I can browse one of the servers and verify that there is valid output from the EO:

Unfortunately, though, when I create a rule using this local EO, I am unable to browse any of its children with the exception of "Name" and "Path", which I don't believe will be useful in this case:

If I try to fill in the rule manually, I receive an error indicating that there are no matching configuration objects or properties, and I am denied the list of operators:

I think I must be missing a step or something.  Creation of the rule seems to be dependent upon the local EO already returning data, but I'm not sure how to do that.  This works with a global EO when the rule's configuration object is selected as an EO component of the server, since the data is already populated.

Thank you,