Interesting, haven't seen this message yet.
the message does not even make sense from the first look (not sure why the superseded list would match the original list)
let's start with basics and make sure that works as expected:
- Run Catalog Update Job (to make sure you have good full catalog)
- Run Analysis Job with default configuration (it will just analyze for Security patches, no need to alter smart groups, or add any to the job)
- From results view, right-click on Server View / Remediable All Servers. This should create the Patch Remediation Job (note this job doe snot install patches).
- Run this Patch Remediation Job, and it will create the Deploy Job (at least it should). If you see your warning again, attach the full Patch Analysis, and Patch Remediation Job logs
I´m facing the exact same problem after upgrading from 8.1 SP3 to 8.2 SP2.
Remedation works as long as I select any single patch for deployment. When more than one patch is selected, remediation fails with the mentioned error.
i have already deleted and recreated 2 new patch catalogs. 1 for 2008 alone and 1 for 2003 and 2008 combined.. i will select defaults and update you with logs shortly.
I am also running 8.2 SP2
can i email you the logs instead of posting them as they have server information?
perhaps there's some mismatch in shavlik files. Perform this please:
- Go to Configuration / Patch Global Configuration / Shavlik URL Configuration
- Open both Shavlik URLs and point to pd5.xml (instead of pd5.cab) and hf7b.xml (instead of hf7b.cab)
- Save (note there is a 'save' button in the patch global config window)
- On the fileserver, go to storage/patch/catalog/catalog_xxx/ folder and delete all cab and xml files that you see.
(note: xxx is a unique number for the catalog, if you have multiple, then go through all windows ones)
- Rerun Catalog Job, so that it downloads a fresh pair of xml files
- Repeat Analysis, and Remediation Job.
- If issue still occurs, send md5sum of the xml files in catalog_xxx folder.
I got the same advice from supprt, but without any success.
Here are the md5sums:
Ok, your xml files are not the latest, but they do match...
Let's set the Patch Remediation Job to debug (there is a debug job property that you can set to true), rerun the job, and attach job log and debug log found in appserver/nsh/tmp/debug/xxxx/xxxxx
attach to ticket, have the STA review as well.
Not sure if the issue is relevant to this, but worth looking into:
Superseded patch for Hoftix : WindowsServer2003-KB2633952-v2-x64-ENU.exe not found in catalog.
Does the exe exist? (review in repo location)
Is the patch superseded? (review the patch from catalog)
If superseded, does it list what patch superceeds it? (review the patch from catalog)
This particular patch does not exsist in my catalog.
Yes, the exe does exist.
Yes, the patch is superseded by WindowsServer2003-KB2732052-x64-ENU.exe which is not in the repository.
But, I don´t think the problem is related to this. I can select any single patch and deploy it successfully. If I select two (or more), Remediation will fail while trying to build the deploy job
Sorry, not sure what to suggest right now. If there is a ticket filed for this, please post the answer once it's resolved. Otherwise I may see the ticket circling internally and will try to assist tsa if I can.