3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2015 9:43 AM by Christine Gardner

Application Packager

Hi,

Encounter error message when I try to publish channel distribution: A destination exception occurred: java.net.Connectexception: Connection timed out: connect.

Any idea? Many thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Application Packager

Maybe the transmitter is out of memory due to max connection threads (inventory insertions, channel subscriptions etc.).  Try some maintenance on the master transmitter.

• 2. Re: Application Packager

Anytime there are symptoms of connection issues one has to first eliminate any possibility of underlying network connectivity issues.

1) On the OS that is running this Application Packager

• Can this OS ping sgdominus01?
            • Open a web browser on this OS, see if it can open http://sgdominus01:5282
            • Can this OS successfully connect to sgdominus01:5282 via "telnet sgdominus01 5282"

2) Is your environment using a proxy? if so make sure the tuner is using the same settings. Just be/c your web browser is properly using the proxy doesn't mean the tuner is.

3) Do you have an improper configured firewall, local to OS or other?

• 3. Re: Application Packager

Hi Sharon - I was running into this same issue.

I found out that I needed to change the url address to the proper name of the transmitter and it works.  For instance: I usually copy a channel from rtlcm-dev-glb:port # and I needed to copy it from rtlcm-dev-master.  Same transmitter - different url.

Best of luck - Chris