5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2012 9:07 AM by DMorrison NameToUpdate RSS

Control-M jobs deleted

Adil Kareem

Hi,

Is there a way to retrive back the Control-M jobs which are been deleted i.e, after writing and uploading the table in Control-M server.

Thanks

Adil

• 1. Re: Control-M jobs deleted
    Michiel Tiller

Hi Adil,

In Control-M/Desktop, go to Tools > Version Manager

select a date/time just before the wrong change was made

select the Control-M datacenter and Table.

You should now get a list of versions of this table. Select which you want back and click "Restore"

Regards,

Michiel

• 2. Re: Control-M jobs deleted
    Adil Kareem

Hi Michiel,

Thanks for the Swift reply well i forgot to mention... i am using version 6.3.

And i don't find any option as "Version Mangager" in Tools menu.

Regards

Adil

• 3. Re: Control-M jobs deleted
    Michiel Tiller

Hi Adil,

That's one good reason to upgrade to version 7!  (did you know support for 6.3.01 ends Dec 31st 2012?)

I'm afraid that on 6.3.01, once you have already overwritten and uploaded the definition, the only way to get it back would be from a backup. If you have a database backup, you could restore this on a development Control-M installation and then load the job(s) into Control-M/Desktop and save to a draft file. 

Regards,

Michiel

• 4. Re: Control-M jobs deleted
    Adil Kareem

Hi Michiel,

Thanks for the detail info...

And yes as a good practise we do take a back of drf files every month, will retrive the jobs from it.

Thanks once again for your support.

Regards

Adil

• 5. Re: Control-M jobs deleted
    DMorrison NameToUpdate

Adil,

I also use 6.3.01 version at this time. Regardless of what version I use before I make update to job(s) in any table I first make a copy of the scheduling table I am updating. After openning the table to be updated I do mass update to all jobs scheduling table name, do save and upload. I now have a copy to write back to orginal scheduling table name if issue occurs. Example: ScheduleTableName_old. It is also good to keep a monthly copy of all tables.